Who is using or has a set of 94/95 Mustang factory "headers"

sizemoremk

Hey guys, I have a set, and like a moron, I installed them without blocking off what I assume is the Mustang's EGR port. The threaded male port...

Does anyone know what size and type of thread this is, I need to figure out what I can use to block it off.

Anyone know or have a set they can check out for me? I'd hate to have to remove it again...

I took the EGR tube cut it off and crimped the cut end in a 6" vise.

2003 Mustang Mach1
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6
1995 Mustang 3.8;
M90 Supercharger/10%OD pulley, 80mm Maf, 70mm TB, 42lb injectors, SC Heads, 255lph Walbro, Xcal2, 4R70W w/Jmod, 8.8 3.73 Tracloc, Tokico Stuts/Shocks, C springs.

Well this is not a tube that can be crimped...

It is here, I hope Wynn don;t mind me borrowing his picture:eek:

Attachments

• export.jpg
    export.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 163
  • manifolds.JPG
    manifolds.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 106
i had trouble finding the right thread, probably to keep people from doing thins like blocking it off! i welded mine shut with a bolt, but jbweld might work in a pinch. good luck

I welded mine shut. Those headers in the pic look like 96-97 3.8 tbird factory headers, the mustang headers look different and will not fit on the sc.

Last edited:
im using these headers and they are great. i dont think they are factory but damn they work awesome..... pulls like crazy on top end.... oh yeah and the EGR thing is welded shut...

DCP01846.jpg

I know Victor sells an EGR blocker for the stock manifold, but not sure if the cap is the same size and thread as yours.

RadiumSC said:
I know Victor sells an EGR blocker for the stock manifold, but not sure if the cap is the same size and thread as yours.

Victor does carry the caps that screw on the male threads on those style of headers.

Ken

sizemoremk said:
Well this is not a tube that can be crimped...

It is here, I hope Wynn don;t mind me borrowing his picture:eek:

I used the EGR tube that goes from the Header to EGR valve. I cut that off about 2" from the nut. Then I crimped it and screwed it back on.

Now that I think about it, I should of used a round blank, placed it inside the ERG nut and screwed it back on the header.

Now that I think about it, I should of used a round blank, placed it inside the ERG nut and screwed it back on the header.
I used 2 pennys stacked on top of eachother inside the compression fitting and squashed them down with the compression fitting nut no leaks as of yet and I did that a few years ago, in fact I did the same thing to my Mustang headers that I plan on putting in my 95 SC.
Just my two cents!:D :rolleyes:

Manifolds !!

Hey guys,

I am not trying to hi-jack this thread but I had a quick question:rolleyes: !! Are there really any advantages that these manifolds have over ported stock manifolds?

Thanx,
Brandon

bbird94 said:
Hey guys,

I am not trying to hi-jack this thread but I had a quick question:rolleyes: !! Are there really any advantages that these manifolds have over ported stock manifolds?

Thanx,
Brandon

To be simple about it: Yes, no and maybe.

Hey,

Those links that you provided me with were great and thank you. I don't know if I seemed to miss this but the threads really didn't speak much of how these different manifolds hold up to well ported stock SC manifolds?

I guess it is a toss up as to how well '95 Mustang headers hold up to ported SC manifolds? Can anybody agree to this asumption? Last, how much do you guys think the '95 Mustang headers cost used because if they cost more than I willing to spend I'll just port my manifolds if they flow close enough?!!

Again, thank you for those links and all your help, you guys have put quit alot of time into this research! Any help and is much appreciated :D !!

Later,
Brandon

Use the search function, it has been discussed many times.

Did you not see the picture of the two side by side?

The 94/95 ones are much bigger at the collector, and the primary openings are better IMO becasue the bumps are not there on the mustang units.

"They" say that the SC ported ones are good to 300ish hp. But
I have $125ish wrapped up in mine, including the neessary modification to the driver side.

I used them because they were relatively cheap and I wanted to provide for future expansion... I'm goin with nitrous, among other things so at some point I may actually "need" them, but who knows...

There has been no dyno test comaprison between just the manifolds...

Hey,

I wasn't trying to frustrate you with my reply. I do look at old threads for info like these manifolds. But I was asking because those threads usually are older and guys come up with new things as times change. That was the reason I was asking. But anyways all your info has been great and thank for all your help ;) !!

Later,
Brandon

bbird94 said:
Hey,

I wasn't trying to frustrate you with my reply. I do look at old threads for info like these manifolds. But I was asking because those threads usually are older and guys come up with new things as times change. That was the reason I was asking. But anyways all your info has been great and thank for all your help ;) !!

Later,
Brandon

That wasn't he case at all, I thought you might have missed the pic...

After reading my post again, I realized I came off as an A$$, sorry:eek:

Back