Losing Boost

Rican3kgt

Hey guys what's up...i'm pretty new to site and thought would post here since almost every other thread shows private...my dad currently does have a 90 SC t-bird so somewhat aware of set up but my question is this.. I have a Mitsu 3000GT with M90 eaton SC which is basically same as you guys use so thought you might be able to help me figure how/why i'm loosing boost primarly in 2nd gear...like the higher the rpms the more it goes down...my SC belt doesn't sound like it's slippin because there is no squeling and we have tightend it pretty hard..example of psi goes from like 10psi down to 4psi by 7k rpms..in 2nd (that's really the only gear i have had a chance to pull to red line so far)...thanks

ps is there a way to get all those threads off private

Is it possible that at that high RPMs, the blower just isn't efficient? Has it always done this or did it just start recently?

it takes place of intake plenum and SC belt goes on with alternator, crank and a custom pulley kit to tighten belt...also again i don't hear belt slippin but i'm only runnin a 4 rib belt on it due to space avail with the SC...i curently don't have pics at the time but can get

RadiumSC said:
Is it possible that at that high RPMs, the blower just isn't efficient? Has it always done this or did it just start recently?

it used to drop maybe 2psi but not 6

Back