think before you race on the streets

Spider

this looked like a very well done video so i thought i would share. I'm sure some people are like
!REPOST!
Bla Bla Bla
or
Thats a very good movie maybe someone will take in what they saw and think about what they do before they act ;)
I'm sure theres someone out there that might learn from this video. but I'm sure more people need to see this on the Import forums since thats where alot of the irresponsible driver are, not all but alot ;) seems like no one like american made cars anymore :( :D

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7253AC11-3EA9-4050-90F0-CA9266465B57.htm

Last edited:
Holy crap that mustang was cut in half.

This is what happened to my friends car when I was riding with him one night.

Attachments

• HPIM0203.JPG
    HPIM0203.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 156
  • HPIM0196.JPG
    HPIM0196.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 139
That's all fine and good, give em a ticket and take their license, but that looks quite excessive when they start giving him crap about a cold air intake:eek:

For the record, there are just as many idiot American car drivers as there are imports.

Smoof said:
For the record, there are just as many idiot American car drivers as there are imports.

I dont totally agree with that. I do agree there are plenty of idiot american car drivers but kids mostly drive imports. Mostly kids are the ones that streetrace because imports are cheaper cars to own and american "muslce" cars are more adult orented.

CougarXR/7 said:
Street racing is for fools and a**holes.

well your one of the few then. I don't agree with most street races but if setup the right way it could be safe. Are you telling me that you never once raced someone in your life? Never got a redlight next to another car and ran if through a gear or two?

Most people do not understand until they are directly involved or they have a family member who is directly involved. Then the family wants to come down on someone/something else because they can not believe that little Jimmy would have been so stupid.

There are just as many imports as there are American cars that do it.

Chris

x182dan said:
I dont totally agree with that. I do agree there are plenty of idiot american car drivers but kids mostly drive imports. Mostly kids are the ones that streetrace because imports are cheaper cars to own and american "muslce" cars are more adult orented.

So, Supercoupes, SHOS, Mustangs, Any older 80's F-body or GM for that matter aren't cheap to buy?

Also, kids are not the only people who street race. I've seen many a person older aged street racing and had it confirmed more than a few times on online forums like this.

You're limiting American cars strictly to muscle cars. While that statement *IS* true, generally older, wiser people own muscle cars, many a cheap American car can be had. The most expensive car I've ever bought was my Supercoupe at $2600. Civics new and old go for that price and above.

No disrespect, but I find absolutely no truth in your statement. It's WAAAAY too generalized. If you can show me some statistics to back-up this claim, I'll believe you in an instant. But until that moment, I'm going to refute that.
Just because someone drives an American car does not make them the better, more wise driver.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, judging by the wheels in that picture from Scott, that IS a Camaro.

Last edited:
look where they were...

sizemoremk said:
That's all fine and good, give em a ticket and take their license, but that looks quite excessive when they start giving him crap about a cold air intake:eek:
That was in Calf. You must only put approved mod's on your car. The smog "Gods" have said what is good and what is a ticket... That is why the cop was pointing that out....Simple things like cold air intake's , headers, and even after market exhaust systems will get you a good fine in some parts of the world....
Now as far as street racing goes, well lets just say that I have been doing it for a VERY long time. There is a right way and a wrong way of doing it. From that video, it looked like a normal street with other people on it. That is NOT COOL.... Go find someplace quiet if you must play...
Just remember, "If you play, you will have to pay" Take it to the track and have some great fun, and be safe about it. But if you do it on the street,please think about it before you "Hammer down" Think if this is a safe place? is there any cross streets where you might get another car or truck pulling out from? Just be safe and please think before you go WOT........Rich

That was a 94 Z28 6-speed with a built forged bottom end LT-1 w/ ported big valve heads, cam, 11:1 compression, long tube headers, spec stage 3 clutch, flowmaster exhaust, cats removed, SLP intake, BBK twin blade throttle body, electric water pump, underdrive pulleys, b&m shifter, etc..... Car was 400+ hp before the nitrous.

We ran out of road running a 1/4 mile at well in excess of 100 mph. Luckily we were both strapped in. The road came to a T, he cut the wheel and went sideways, locked the brakes, hit a curb and got airborne, missed a tree and took out a security fence of a factory. We landed in the parking lot and the car was totalled. The t-tops broke and shattered on us. The windows blew out, glass all over my head and down my tank top. I was cut and bruised bad. We got out and said "~~~~!"

When the cops came we said a deer ran out and we swerved. He said how fast were you going? We said 50 mph. He looked at the skid marks and said "~~~~~~~~" but since he didn't witness it he couldn't do anything. My friends insurance had to buy the fence repair. He got $6700 for that car from the insurance, thank god for full coverage.

Nice car, it is definately missed, but he sold the engine and tranny and stuff that wasn't damaged and junked the car. Made a killing off totalling it. More than he would have been able to sell it for. Still sucks, it was a low 11 second car on motor and that same setup went high 9's in another Z28 with a 250 shot. He bought the motor from a guy who raced w/ it and put it in his Z. Nothing could touch that car. Never lost a race, took out bikes with it. I watched it outrun a CBR750 on the Edens Expy. in Chicago.

We took it out to Steak and Shake in Tinley Park one night and ended up racing against an LS1 SS my girlfriend was driving the Z28. She blew the SS's doors clean off. The guy and his friend in the SS were bowing down to her in respect. They couldn't belive it was a girl driving. That car would pin you in the seat like someone punched you in the chest. It was sweet. Should have had a roll cage but it wasn't running at the track. It was a street car.

Attachments

• HPIM0202.JPG
    HPIM0202.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 58
  • HPIM0205.JPG
    HPIM0205.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
like i said in another post... when we street race we go to a industrial zone that i know and only 2-3 cars go... we dont bring the entire neighberhood... also in the industrial zone its between the city and the unincorporated part of los angeles were the law enforcement is too slow and too far away to react.... so we can get away with it... all there is nothing but open road and nothing but open lots to the sides.... but yeah we should keep it on the track but not all of them are 1/4 miles and not all of them are open.... soo.... i dont know... i will admit that i street race and i look at my surroundings too see if it is sane enough to do it and get away with it alive... if not then i wont go for it... but hey... im just 20.... what do i know..

x182dan said:

I too have a hard time believing that american cars are cheaper. I once had a 91 Mustang 5.0 ragtop. Between purchase price and Mods I had less than 10K in it and at the time it was 11years old. A buddy of mine on the other had has an 8 year old Civic that he has been working on tirelessly for about 3 years. I don't know exactly how much he has invested in the car but I know he has over 6K in the engine alone between the turbo, nitrous, and various increases in pistions and so on. Don't get me wrong, his car is very nice and respectable, however I have a pretty much bone stock 89 SC with 288K miles on it and I can still give him a run for his money if he doesn't spray. In fact the only night we went to the strip he beat me by 7/10 of a second without spray. He decimated me with the spray. But again, he has probably 15K or more invested in his car and I have a 17 year old SC that I traded another cheap car for. Not trying to start an argument or anything, just stating my opinion.

CougarXR/7 said:
Street racing is for fools and a**holes.
guess I'm a a hole

been a avid street racer since 1974 had the fastest car in high school then in the city then on and on .

we made many a race car and always found their way to the street races at one time or another.

we use a old abandoned section of route 66 in the devore canyon of Cajon pass here in San Bernardino ca it runs parallel to the freeway but some 500 feet below it there is a straight away about 4 miles long and its a good place to race .

the cops know we are there we don't bring the wife and kids just a few cars go get it done and leave. not like the old days of 1000 cars and beer gardens and rides for the kids.

i try my SC out there for top- end and 1/8 and 1/4 mile its all marked off

no side roads no cross streets just the occasional rabbit .

oh yeah thanks for the name calling ill remember you called me a a hole.

there is smart street racing and there is stupid racing we don't race in front of schools while kids are getting out well not all the time .

anywho I'm outta here got to go wipe my self being a a hole and all lol

actually no offense taken you are right in most cases .
Ive been to some races where they are very dangerous

Ive seen them in heavy traffic and on residential roads .

and on the freeway in heavy traffic cutting me off yeah most street racing is bad but a well planed out race goes off perfect just think is all it takes .
although Ive had many a race on the freeway on ramp we have a dbl on ramp and they always try to beat you onto the freeway .

Last edited:
3/4 of the people who street race around here are high schoolers with a civic and a fart-can who think their car is fast. The rest would be people with legitimately fast (probably in equal numbers) imports and domestics.

i think when we mention street racing where talking about racing in traffic. and basically racing where you shouldn't be. dont race in the city because its stupid.
i dont think anyone has a problem with racing of some farm road out in the middle of no where, just watch out for animals and telephone pole and big ditches. cause if that happen the all the rescue vehicle have to come out and clean up another street race accident

Smoof said:
So, Supercoupes, SHOS, Mustangs, Any older 80's F-body or GM for that matter aren't cheap to buy?

Also, kids are not the only people who street race. I've seen many a person older aged street racing and had it confirmed more than a few times on online forums like this.

You're limiting American cars strictly to muscle cars. While that statement *IS* true, generally older, wiser people own muscle cars, many a cheap American car can be had. The most expensive car I've ever bought was my Supercoupe at $2600. Civics new and old go for that price and above.

No disrespect, but I find absolutely no truth in your statement. It's WAAAAY too generalized. If you can show me some statistics to back-up this claim, I'll believe you in an instant. But until that moment, I'm going to refute that.
Just because someone drives an American car does not make them the better, more wise driver.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, judging by the wheels in that picture from Scott, that IS a Camaro.

i do agree that there are lots of american cars owned by kids, however kids own imports more times than not

Back