wheres all the gas go ?

Spider

ok i put $20.00 and it didn't even hit the quarter tank mark. i think i drove about 70 miles and I'm about ready to run out of gas ? i just went threw emissions and i passed. wheres all my gas going ? could my driving style really suck this much gas ? this is pathetic...
also how big are these gas tanks ? $20 gives me little less than 1/4 tank and 6 gallons went in the tank. 28 gallon gas tank ?

According to the specs, 1990 SC's had a 19 gallon tank. I'm sure 89-93 SC's are all the same.
Probably 93-97 SC's too, but I'm not sure on that...

If it were a leak I would think you'd see puddles under the car or at least smell gas.

plus wen the weather

is warm you get more gases insted of liquid so you get charged 6 gallons, but really get less. i know the feeling 20 for a 1/4 tanak? and that goes by fast.

I agree.....

I still am amazed that to this day my "CHECK GAUGES" Light still works and isnt burnt out........ITS ALWAYS ON!!!!!!!

Yeah I used to put in $10.00 and get 100 miles out of a tank. I put in 10 dollars now and am lucky to get 35-40 miles in the city without the check gages light coming on. Now $25 dollars didn't even get me a half tank the other day. It was $2.98 and I was excited to see it below $3.00 average around here is $3.13 for premium and I've seen it as high as $3.19 recently.

When I go to Chicago I try to make sure I have enough fuel for the whole round trip because its around $3.40 in the city.

All SC's have a 19 gallon tank. I put in 19.4 gallons one day so I must have been on fumes when I pulled in to the station. The .4 must have been the filler necks capacity.

yes its a bad dream come true i have to pay 3.68 a gallon here for crap 91

im really considering a long hose with a electric fuel pump back up to a car that i know burns premium and stick hose in tank turn on pump and fill up if someone comes out hit the pump switch and drive away coil up hose after a few blocks lol

see i have it all planed out scarry isnt it when prices make you plan out something you would never do but now you day dream of ways to do it.

maybe at $6 a gallon i will become a crimminal.:D

got gas?

You might want to be checking out different gas sources. I get better milage on Exxon than Valero, with Shell inbetween. Also, one of the local news stations did an article on how much gas you get per gallon. Even though all pumps in Texas have to be certified every year, the news people found variations in many gallon measures. Most of the varations were acctually to the good, but some were short by as much as 10%. And, having worked for Exxon, I had one pump that would intermintently jump to six cents before the pump ever started.

Me and some of my firends were thinking about buying an old conversion van, cutting the floor out, and getting a fuel pump of some sort and a few 55 gallon drums inside. THe plan is to park over the tank lid at a gas station, pry it open, and suck out the fuel.

I dont know if it will ever happen, but hey, we can dream :)

-Nick

nick62087 said:
Me and some of my firends were thinking about buying an old conversion van, cutting the floor out, and getting a fuel pump of some sort and a few 55 gallon drums inside. THe plan is to park over the tank lid at a gas station, pry it open, and suck out the fuel.

I dont know if it will ever happen, but hey, we can dream :)

-Nick

I work for BP and that actually happened. Someone made a truck look like a u-haul, and parked it over the fill holes at about 3 am. They pumped about 350 gallons out before someone went out and checked it out and busted them. Shoulda seen their faces!

that is funny that someone would do that... pump the gas out off the tanks... anywho... here at the shell were i work at.. .they inspect the tanks and pumps every month under california law to make sure customers arent getting ripped off... they make sure it dispenses liquids instead of vapor... pretty good... its everymonth inspection... if it fails one test we have to close for repair and pay a hefty fine..

Back