sway bar bushings

camaro03

i was doing exhaust work and noticed my sway bar bushings were junk, could that be a clicking in my front end? how much would new bushings cost and were could i get the thanks?

When your bushings are gone, it will make clicking sound. Mine also does this...
You can get those original bushings from the Ford Dealers and more exotic bushings from Auto Part Stores.

you can get poly bushings from Summitt Racing for 13-14 bucks.Your car will corner flatter.

Oh,you should also replace the end links.Not much dinero either.

Umm, endlinks cost me $58 for a pair, and I got them with a substantial discount. Mpost people pay $40+ per endlink on the front.

Paul

i looked in the hanes manual and it was the torque strut bearings, and thats the clicking, i called a local shop and theyll do it for $100 that incloudes the bushings, new nuts and washers, the guy says that he does alot of them on our cars, i dont think my sway bar bushings are bad because the car handles like a dream, thanks everyone for te help, i dont know what i would do without this site

i just put new springs and shocks that were 1-1/4" lower and got rear bushings and end links that were not the same as stock but i felt would do the same job from
http://www.suspension.com/s.b.bushings.htm
just go and look around and find the ones that are the same dia. as the swaybar on your car. on my 89 i couldn,t use the brackets that came with them. so i used the old ones (brackets) and the new bushings.
sorry try the new link

Last edited:
Back