questions about pinion brace from supercoupe performance.

blown96bird

I had to order some parts from supercoupe performance today. I ordered a pinion brace and a set of soild rubber motor mounts. I managed to break one of my soild rubber ones I guess having 400 ftlb to the rear wheels might have something to do with this:) . I am going to set the car up to shift slightly softer to save the next set.

How much diffrence did the pinion brace make? Did I waste my money? I also noticed that the rubber brace in the back is in bad shape. I purchaced a early one that has thicker metal in the brace. I filled the voids in the mount at the top and bottom with 3M urethane window weld. It made the mount substanialy stiffer. I am also running a steeda mustang cobra pumpkin brace.
Is there any real chance that I will break a axil since I am reinforcing the mounting of the pumpkin?

BANNED FROM THE TCCOA AND PROUD OF IT.

Last edited:
Floppy Pumpkin

blown96bird said:
Is there any real chance that I will break a axil since I am reinforcing the mounting of the pumpkin?
I bought the poly rear diff mount from Wynn (Tbird88). I also have the pinion brace. I've had NO problems associated with either one.

I think that if you break an axle, it's because the axle was weak, NOT because you've more solidly mounted the pumpkin. Would you really want the pumpkin floppin' around? I think THAT would cause more problems than mounting it More securely.

68COUGAR

I was just a little bit worried about breaking a axil. I guess I don't have anything to worry about till I hit the 500 rwhp mark. I normaly race with slicks because I can't hook up without them.

I got into a heated battle with a moderator over in the chat room over a comment that I made. I said "I would rater be dead that live my life in a wheelchair" He took offensense to it since he was wheel chair bound at that time. I was not implying that he shoud be deceased I was just saying it is a life style I would not want for my self. After that he was always mean and hatefull to me over there often running me down and kicking me.

I posted a rather descriptive plan on how we could be energery independant from the middle east. I also stated that the people in the middle east would rather slit our throats insted of look at us. I also said that we should turn the entire middle east into a gigantiac glass parking lot before they can do it to us. I do addmit that dose sound hatefilled and spitefull. It is my oppinion that this is true. I should not have wished for the deaths of millions of people. In the end it will all be sorted out.

A modderator erased it twice and I jumped onto chat and verbbaly asulted the person I felt was the perperator. I was banned after that. I should not have done that.

I also logged on and made a post just about my mom passing and a moderator posted "banned yet again get the hint". It was in extreemly poor taste posting that under my user name considering the circirumstance.

I did bring a lot of it upon myself and I do take full responsability for what I said and done

Last edited:
Steven,
I think it's time you need to let it go. Acting like everything is everyone elses fault is not the best plan here. Children cry mistreatment men own up to their own mistakes. Apologies a long time ago would have gotten you somewhere now it is too late. The moderator you speak of has now passed away and he was a good friend to many of us. He was a great guy and I for one will miss him. It has been decided by all of the moderators of the tccoa to not allow you into chat at all. I too will support it even tho I have tried my best to be polite to you. Your remarks were of poor taste to say the least. No offense but I really think you need some psychological help. LET IT GO.
Alan

I do take responsability for my own actions and words. It is true that some were offensive and I did bring it on myself. Mabey I should join some radical right wing group to voice my oppinions because mine easily offend.:eek: I really should not have attacked him but I was so tired of him being nasty to me I had to go on the offensive. I can not ever let myself loose I must always be right.

Even thought we disliked each other I still prayed that he would get healed and tryed to help even though he was being nasty to me. I would not be much of a human being if I did not atleast try to help after seeing the devastating effects first hand.

adderol

I haven't been over here in a long time...but feel it neccesary to post a reply to this.

steven, ~~~~~ happens, we all make mistakes, etc...part of the problem with you, was the ONLY thing Joel Bender was able to do was sit in front of his computer. I was one of the last people to see him alive...he made a 4.5hr trip with his dad to make it to my wedding...come to find out after he had passed, that he wasn't supposed to travel...especially long distances...but he did...for me and my wife.

Yes, the comment you made was truley the straw that broke the camals back...

Let the past be the past..and as Alan said, LET IT GO. you can't change the past, BUT you can change the future and the way you are with people...

Shane a.k.a. Kodiak Kid

How much diffrence did the pinion brace make?

Hey man,

I have the pinion brace.. Seemed to help with the wheel hop on my 5 speed SC. I'm making over 400 rwtq, and felt I needed a bit of insurance out back. I have a feeling replacing the old lower control arm inner bushigns will help the most. I'm about to do that next. At $10 a bushings from Rock Auto, you can't go wrong.

Jeramie

Re: LCA Bushngs

92bird said:
I have a feeling replacing the old lower control arm inner bushigns will help the most. At $10 a bushings from Rock Auto, you can't go wrong. Jeramie
Are those OEM bushings or Poly?

68COUGAR

OEM rubber.. I also have the cobra lower poly bushigns, but I think the OEM bushings will be easier to install.. The poly's are nice, but you have to try and reuse the old bushing sleeve.. Which is doable, but I don't have much patience :D

Are you interested in the poly kit since I won't be using it? Shoot me a PM if you are.

Jeramie

Back