Major Problems that i need help fast with

Sturg

ok so long story short, i was on the way home sat. night and spun a rod bearing or so in the cougar. i am now preparing to pull the engine out and have it rebuilt. i am trying to track down specs, part numbers, ect. my best friend runs the local performance shop and has built numerous 9 sec mustangs and camaros but this is the first SC he has touched. so not only am i getting a discount, but he is sort of at a stand still of where to start looking for the best parts for the price for these cars. he has his choices about stuff. but i am asking for your guy's feedback and advice before we start ordering parts. you have all been racing these cars, some of you for years, and i want the best i can for the money ya know. any advice would be very appreciated since im new. mainly on cams and rockers stuff like that. thanks guys!

Use search feature

I suggest using the search engine on the website. Search each part you are intersted in and read through the responses. Your question is somewhat open ended ... you may not get specific "black & white" type responses

Hi,

I forget the brand name, for the bearings, began with an 's'.
I have seen it mentioned three times at least.
Go to RockAuto.com for those.
Some guys are using windsor rods, but that'll require balancing.
I only went as far as the HG's and motor mounts on my car, any of the low end vets help?
good luck,

paul

Last edited:
not sure yet, just about have the engine out now. then it started raining. go figure right? i will know by the end of the week what bearing i spun. im going to assume a rod but all i know for now is we cut my oil filter open and found lots of bearing material in it and i just changed the oil about 2 weeks ago.

Back