Halfshafting

slow bird

Well...i read about half-shafting and so i thought i would try it out on an extra throttle shaft that i have from a transplanted 93 engine that i put on my 90. Anyways i completed it but i cant fit it on my throttle body because the 93 and 90 throttle bodies are different and so are the TP sensor anyways. Will someone test this shaft for me...All i ask is that someone pays shipping and if it works than you can keep it. Oh yeah i ask one more thing did it work. THanks SLowBird

Check out the 3.8L Forum on tccoa. There is a thread near the top that has an explanation in it. In a nutshell, it sounds like you take the throttle body apart, take the throttle rod (the part that acutates the butterfly) out cut the rod in half along its axis and then put it back together. Supposedly you get more flow through the TB. Frankly, I'm just not seeing how this could yield any appreciable gain though.

That sounds like people trying to get that last minute bit of power from their engine. :rolleyes:

Stick a 80MM throttle body on it and quit playing around. :cool:

I can't imagine it really does anything for you. Odd that someone even came up with it.

Certainly on our SC cars it really shouldn't change anything too much.

I think it originated with the 3.8 n/a guys in an attempt to get more airflow thru the TB since there are apparently no aftermarket TB's for them.

Back