Headlight mod.

SCfalcon

Anyone know how to mod the wiring on the headlights
so all four bulbs come on when selecting brights?

Thanks,
j. :eek:

i used four headlight relay from summit racing it has bigger wire from battery, and uses factory headlight wires to trigger relay. that takes the load off factory wires and headlight switch. did my dads cadallic too and works great for less money and less wiring under hood. i power up all four headlights and fog lights at the same time that have xenon 80/100 watt bulbs with 50watt in the foglights. very simple to do

Looked at Summit but didn't know what to look under.
Did search on headlight and relay but not sure what I'm
looking for . Do you have the part number or name??

thanks,
J. :eek:

SUMMIT PART NUMBER IS #SUM-G6219 THIS IS MADE BY KC DAYLIGHTER AND IS A 40 AMP 4 HEADLIGHT RELAY THE BIGGEST THAT IS AVAILABLE. THAT IS MORE THAN ENOUGHT FOR FOUR REGULAR LIGHTS, BUTT I USED ONE ON EACH SIDE TO POWER UP TWO HEADLIGHTS AND ONE FOG LIGHT ON EACH SIDE. IF I WANT TO GO BIGGER THAN 80/100 I CAN DO SO WITH NO TROUBLE AS MY CURENT DRAW NOW IS LESS THAN 30 AMPS A SIDE. MY PICKUP HAS 130/160 AND THAT IS A LOT OF LIGHT BUTT THE BIRD WITH ALL 6 LIGHTS ON IS PRETY IMPRESIVE TOO. NIGHT DRIVING DOWN A DARK MOUNTAIN ROAD IS LIKE AN AFTERNOON DRIVE.

Now if I get one of those kits for $14.99 will it be good for
both sides? All I want is for all four lights to come on when
I select high-beam. Is it pretty simple to install??

j. :cool:

yes get one for 4 stock headlights but 2 one on each side looks clean, wires are short for less current drop except for the yellow ones that goes to battery. they are large enought to cover the 4 foot run, if battery is in trunk i would use a ten gauge wire instead of 12 that is supplied , mine are in the black wire loom they supply, and if you ever want bigger lights later you can just pop in the bulbs ! the harness that competition sells uses 2 30 amp relays, and a lot of extra wire you dont need just to make this a plug and play instllation extra plugs means more chances of corroded terminals. this satup uses 2 40 amp relays and less unsessary wire, looks so much cleaner, and able to handle bigger watt bulbs, besides more voltage power, less current loss means longer bulb life.

Last edited:
Back