ARC issues

rokclimb15

My automatic ride control light continuously blinks 3 times when it tries to engage. I looked this up and it indicates a problem with the front passenger side sensor. I found the FAQ on this and followed the directions about lubricating the pin and rotating it, but it still does not work. Is there anything else I can try besides replacing this sensor, and if not, does anyone have one of these sensors for a '93 they would like to sell or know where I can get one? Thanks.

When the actuator is back on the shock top, does it bounce when pushed down on? If not movement, things are jammed in there and the pin isn't free in the actuator.

JStudrawa said:
When the actuator is back on the shock top, does it bounce when pushed down on? If not movement, things are jammed in there and the pin isn't free in the actuator.

It is free and does bounce when pushed on. Do you think I need a new one?

ARC light blinking fix

I just had the same problem and was able to fix it easily ! My problem was with the left front shock. I was getting 4 blinks continually when in the 'auto' setting. I did the recommended WD-40 ing of the actuator, but the Shop Manual test, demonstrated that the actuator was working. You can see the control pin in the actuator rotate back and forth when you alternately select the 'firm' then 'auto' setting . With the actuator removed from the shock (but still plugged in) the problem/light blinking stopped. I concluded (correctly I think) that the shock pin was frozen up, and I WD'd it, waited a day but no luck. Then I WD'd it again and wiggled/rotated it a little in both CW and CCW directions, and lo and behold I think its working now ! At least the firm ride light acts normally now !
By the way, my advice to all who are trying to analyze/fix their car problems; for 'Krise Sakes' get the Ford shop manual and read it ! I see an awful lot of discussion in these forums that leads me to belive that many/most members dont have the Ford manual, and/or are not reading it. There is a rather extensive discussion there on the ARC system and analyzing its possible problems.

Back