Brake proportioning valve blow out NEED HELP ASAP !

Spider

ok i changed my valve since it was leaking. got a newer one and put it on my car and it stopped leaking. tried bleeding the rear and was getting nothing. so after pumping the brakes a bunch of times the Valve blew out! :mad:
ok maybe my fault for maybe pumping to much and cause to much pressure i guess. so i took that one out and took the O'ring of that one and put it on the old one from my car that was leaking, now installed my original with the O'ring off the one i just blew out and now my original one isn't leaking anymore. drove it for a day or 2 and no leaks.
well i tried bleeding the rears again and still can get fluid out. started with right rear held the pedal down after 1 pump held bleeder open for 10 seconds about 8 times. nothing coming out.

soooo.... i go to bleed the fronts just to make sure i have at least some good front brakes. bleed the left side with no problems then i go to the right side, and after about the 5th bleed the Proportioning valve blew out...sprays brake fluid every time i push the brake down... ~~~.. :mad: fluid is blowing out where the black plug plugs into. if i hold my finger over the square end where the 2 prongs are and someone presses the brake it builds up pressure and release my finger and the fluid build up flows out.
so this is blow out number two.
does anyone know why this keeps happening ? i really cant afford to keep doing this. the last valve i blew i was just doing a standard brake bleed.

Last edited:
Thats not a proportioning valve. That's the sensor for the suspension system trigger on hard braking. A 3/8" fine thread bolt can be used in it's place. Get a nice short stainless steel one and a couple stainless steel washers. Stick the o-ring over the end of the bolt and tighten it down. That won't blow out.

Seems there is a problem with those sensors being weak internally If you don't have it hooked up you won't get a check engine light. The suspension just won't get all stiff on you with a slam on the brakes.

really ? i thought this was a brake proportioning valve ?
so i just pull it out and plug it ?
what about the 2 wire plug that plugs into it ?
this is crazynes if all i have to do is plug it. all this BS i been going threw about it leaking. dont i need it for my rear brakes thoe ?

PICT3786.jpg

Proportioning valve is a valve that limits the flow of fluid to the rear to help reduce the pressure applied at the rear for a given pressure in the brake system.

So that there is a hydraulic switch. At some set pressure the switch flips and sends a signal to the suspension system to tighten down things as well as tighten down the steering.

Just tie up the wire and let it hang. No codes or complaints from the system will come forward. You'll just loose the suspension tightening up on hard braking.

cool thank you for the help, thats the best news ive heard in a long time. thanks for saving my loads of headaches :)

Back