M112 Fitment Question

kenewagner

How many guys out there have experimented with modifing the M112 to replace the M90? What are the fitment issues that have come up to keep this from being more common option. I know there are the size, length, fuel rail and plenums to be solved but I would like some input from anyone who has done some experimenting and what their view is to solving those problems. Damon has his Turbo thread, I guess I want a M112 thread

Ken

Phillio99 said:
PM Cougarsc, Im pretty sure he has that set up

I will do that. Doesnt seem like many have tackled that Modifacation. I have a mock up engine and a M112. I see many changes to be made. It is always nice to have someone post their experences rather than reinventing the wheel

Ken

Paul At BTM also has a few kits running around with an m112 blower from a jaguar.

Why not try a cobra type blower with a Liquid to air IC...Or try to use teh m112 rotors in an m90 case..So far nooen with an SC has doen that to my knowledge and teh GTP guys SEEM to think it makes an improvemnet (although not as much as swapping in a whole m112 I'm sure)

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Paul At BTM also has a few kits running around with an m112 blower from a jaguar.

Why not try a cobra type blower with a Liquid to air IC...Or try to use teh m112 rotors in an m90 case..So far nooen with an SC has doen that to my knowledge and teh GTP guys SEEM to think it makes an improvemnet (although not as much as swapping in a whole m112 I'm sure)

Well its not my M112 but another club member's. He picked it up on E bay fairly reasonable and want to see if I can make it work. I know others have done it and I know I can meet any fabrication challenge if it can be done. There just seems to be a lack of information on them. I read Paul from Blue Tongue's posts but they end with no real information and the guys that have a functioning M112 dont post much information. My guess is they all put in many hours making it work and dont want to share that information because someone else might take all their hard work and do the same thing and sell it for profit. Thats purely speculation on my part. The M112 doesnt get much attention like Daves AR or the Mag 111. I like a challenge though and if I can make it work than maybe I will have one on my SC in the future.

I'm running a hybrid M112 using 1-1/2 M90 cases and a M112 rotorpack and snout. The way it's mounted it lines up with the front crank pulley. I made it to fit under a stock hood, so I moved the T-stat housing forward a couple inches. I'm running it off a 7-inch crank pulley and no jackshaft.

Once I get it tuned, I'll post up the hp numbers with a stock engine setup. I do have ported heads and a cam to install also.

There's a few pictures of the buildup here:

http://www.tbu.cx/tbu/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=824&start=0

b046d1c3.jpg

Thanks for posting the info. Did you use the M90 case so you could use the intake plenum and bypass system? It looks like you have a custom fuel rail? Why did you eliminate the jackshaft pully. Is it because of the alignment of the Supercharger pully? Sorry if I seem to have a lot of questions, I just like to know if some avenues are closed, from your experence, when mounting the blower. I built a custom TB plenum for my existing M90 so when look at the huge opening at the rear of the M112 I think this bad boy can pull a lot of air with the right setup.

Ken

I got rid of the jackshaft for a couple reasons. The Lightning/cobra snout is too long to work with the jackshaft setup. Plus you don't need to overdrive it to get the same CFM's as the M90. Say for 700 CFM you only need to spin the M112 about 12000 rpms and takes only 50-60 hp to do so. Also I saw the jackshaft eating some HP. The only concern would be a belt breaking and getting stuck in the middle of nowhere , so I carry a spare belt.

As for the M90 cases, I have plenty to play with. I do have a Lightning and a Cobra M112 for comparison. The Cobra one is too bulky and too tall. You could machine it down to reduce the height.

You can modify the stock rails to work. I just went another direction.

Can you post those comparison pictures at your convience. The guy who brought me the M112 said he has contacted a vender who will rebuild the snout and shorten to any length for a reasonable cost. I would like to keep the same pully system and just change the size of the pully but that might not be possible. You have given me some good info so I have a place to start. Thank you

Ken

If I remember, the offset at the rear of of the M90 snout is different than the M112. But you can get shorter m112 snouts thru Magnuson.

Damon: I know Paul at blue Tongue was going to build a few but I never heard any numbers. Does anyone know if some of his are out there and how they are running

Ken

You can modify the stock rails to work. I just went another direction.

Jerrod,

Just wanted to let you know how much I like those polished billet rails we installed on my car when doing the AR. Nice job on them and the M112.

David

Ken,

I believe two or three are running in various configurations. Not really sure what kind of power they are making. He used the Jaguar blower.

Hmm Billet rails......I need soem of those still...... :O)..Where am I going this weekend?

Damon

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Ken,

I believe two or three are running in various configurations. Not really sure what kind of power they are making. He used the Jaguar blower.

Hmm Billet rails......I need soem of those still...... :O)..Where am I going this weekend?

Damon

Damon,

Keep your wrenches off my car.

David

PS: See ya Friday.

I went to my shop last night and dug out my old M90 and took some pictures of it next to the M112. I had never seen a M112 off a car before. Lots of diffrence in size

Ken

Attachments

• Stock SC on engine.jpg
    Stock SC on engine.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Sc Top view comparison.jpg
    Sc Top view comparison.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 197
  • SC rear view comparsion.jpg
    SC rear view comparsion.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 209
I like those pictures, Ken. I knew there was a difference in the two, but until you see them side-by-side, you just don't really know too much!

I'm also going to have to search one of these superchargers out for my project engine I think.

This has really got to be an option for a lot of enthusiasts. I'm not sure why a lot of these have not been done already. It just seems like it would be too easy for someone like Charles to get on this and actually have a case made to swap the M112 rotors into that would bolt right up to everything we already have. I realize the casting process costs money, but this just seems to be an option that has not been looked into too much.

007_SuperCoupe said:
It just seems like it would be too easy for someone like Charles to get on this and actually have a case made to swap the M112 rotors into that would bolt right up to everything we already have. I realize the casting process costs money, but this just seems to be an option that has not been looked into too much.

Who knows, maybe he will build something like that... ala MP-IV?

Back