WHAT sized BELT do I need?

X

xThunderbirdSCx

I plan on removing the compressor. I dont want to run another idler in its place. What size belt do i need to make it work, and in what configuration do i run the belt????????:confused: :confused:

xThunderbirdSCx said:
I plan on removing the compressor. I dont want to run another idler in its place. What size belt do i need to make it work, and in what configuration do i run the belt????????:confused: :confused:

The search function is your friend!

What is the advantage of losing the AC? even in Ohio, it'll get toasty in July/August, especially in the black ovens like yours.

Its not a daily driver. By deleting the AC compressor, i will save weight and return some used HP to the engine from parasitic loss. I already cut out the compressor for the FMIC. Now its just a weight and parasitic loss issue.

Wrap A String Around Your P/s, W/p, Alt And Crank. The Length Of The String Is The Length O Fthe Belt You Need. The Beauty Of A Tensioner Is That You Can Get Alittle Longer Belt If You Cant Find Exact And The Tensioner Will Take Up The Slack. I Ended Up With A 53.4" Belt On Mine. You Need To Remove The Tensioner And Reclock It So That Is In The Right Position And Cut The Tab Off Of It So That I Tensions The Belt In The Other Direction. Their Is A Really Recent Post Here As To How.

Back