EGR Blocker

DutchSCFan76

Hi,

I searched the forum, but could not find a match for my question.
I have seen an EGR Blocker on the eBay store called SpinningwheelsSC. I want to know what the benefits are for using a EGR blocker and what the disavantages are.

Thanks.
Eelko

advantage easier to remove blower dissadvantage ping ping ping .

they didnt use it in 92 and my ssc pings easy .

egr helps cool chamber temps by adding exh to the mix a anti knock gizmo and cuts down nox

An easy way to think of an EGR valve is to think of a hose running from your ~~~ to your mouth. How good will you run beathing that crap.

An EGR valve helps lower emissions by recirculating exhaust gas into the combustion chamber to be reburnt. It does help with detanation a small amount as there are some unburnt gasses that enter back into the intake. This actually makes the car run a bit richer thus helping with ping or detanation.

If you run premium fuel you shouldn't have a problem.

here in the Netherlands, we have 95-98 on the pumps.

but there are no power-increments or something like that (like removing a cat.)?

DutchSCFan76 said:
Hi,

I searched the forum, but could not find a match for my question.
I have seen an EGR Blocker on the eBay store called SpinningwheelsSC. I want to know what the benefits are for using a EGR blocker and what the disavantages are.

Thanks.
Eelko

I took an air cutoff tool and sawed the pipe in half, then unscrewed the nut from the header, slid it off the pipe, and put a cap in it to seal it off. Then rescrewed it back onto the pipe leading off the header. Sealed it off very nicely then i just removed the rest of the junk that was attached to it. For the plenum, I just made a small piece out of aluminum, cut it to size, drilled 2 holes and bolted it on there. I did use some of that fel-pro black stuff though to make sure it sealed properly. Then at the recent tune, dave turned off the light for me! :D

Back