lol. My battery exploded.

darkstar_one

Well... early in the morning i am chilling on the couch in my room and then all of a sudden BOOOM.... well i run outside to see what happened and didnt find anything. Okay, no problem. Couple of hours pass by and i go install the oil pressure gauge and i pop the hood and i see that my battery exploded... the top broke in half and the body swelled up... dont know how the hell but it happened. Oh well. i guess its time now to relocate it to the trunk and get a YELLOW TOP OPTIMA. funny.

I've seen a battery swell up, but never seen one explode. Bet that was quite the interesting sight.

-Melon

yeah i grabbed a couple of buckets of water and alot of baking soda to nuetralize it and washed it down real good. found things i never knew existed.... damn batteries..

A severely overcharging alternator / regulator may have caused the problem. Check out your charging system before you just go ahead and install another battery.

cheers
Ed N.

I had one swell up and crack in Yuma, AZ once. They said it wasnt; really uncommon in the maintenance free, sealed type factory batt-ries...

darkstar_one said:
nah no pictures... i picked it up and put it underneath the dog house. gave it back to mother nature...

Lol, always good to put hazardous chemicals into the earth :)

yes... it is... but its the dogs problem now... tell you what.. if the dog drops dead in less than a week i will buy you a coke...

nah, ima talk to the mechanic here at work and see how much they charge me to take care of it... it sayz to wrap it 2 6mm thick plastic bags if they are damaged... it doesnt leak anymore acid because it ended all on the cars battery tray.... should i pour boxes of baking soda on it and in it to neutralize any acids? or what? anyone... or should i contact autozone to see what they can do...

Well, I can't remember what the heck I did with the one I fried:confused:

In one of my many retarded moments, I never tied down the battery in my truck after rebulding th engine... One day it fell onto the exhasut manifold and melted and spilt acid all over the place, and ate damn near all the fresh paint off my subframe:eek:

It was a brand new 3 year free replacement battry form wally world too:mad:

I might have just taken it to AutoZ:confused:

Maybe you can just get a roll of shrink wrap and go to town:D

I had a battery blow up while I was driving a car one time. I had just install a holley 4 barrell. Good thing I had taken the hood off. :D It still cranked and ran fine, even with the battery top gone. :eek: That was one loud explosion though.

Back