The 35th Anniversary Thunderbird Registry is closed.

Smokey Hoke...........!!!!?!!!

You mean to tell me that ANYBODY using the Ford NAMES et. al are liable to a law suit??????????? KROM'S BEARD, HOW THE HELL DO THEY EXPECT PEOPLE TO MAKE A LIVING???????????? Is Ford in THAT bad a shape they have to go after little guys? This country is in real bad shape if that is true, and wait 'til G.M. goes after all the Camaro/Corvette tuners... Good luck matey! Frank H.

Ford has not contacted me personally as yet. Ford has stated it wants noone using for domains, businesses, or organizations, any trademarked names such as; Ford, Mustang, Thunderbird, or use of any trademarked logos. Per legal counsel, I have chosen this course to remove my efforts from any possible legal actions coming from Ford.

Did you maintain ownership of the domain? i highly suggest contacting Ford directly as I mentioned in your other thread and simply get permission.

I agree with Mike. For a website such as yours that is primarily informational and not a business, you should have no troubles getting their permission. Look at this site and at Alex's SCCoCT site. Alex recently wrote a letter and got permission.

I think it is the real money making businesses that Ford is going after for trademark infringement. I doubt they give two shakes about informational type websites that only help to PROMOTE and advertise Ford products.

The businesses, like "Mustangs Plus" mentioned in that article, are selling parts and services that Ford also offers. Therefor Mustangs Plus is using a Ford trademark to directly compete with Ford. If I was making the call, I would have sent THEM (and others like them) a "cease and desist" letter too.

The 35th Anniversary Thunderbird Registry will soon be back up. There are some small changes that have to be completed and I should be able to get things going again very shortly.

All my best.

Seems alot of the BIG companies are doing this kinda of thing...... heck Dell is sueing a guy in the UK for damages etc for having his business called Dell Web Services or something similar...................... and we're talking at least half a million which the guys states he'd never make in a life time.

And get a load of this.... the guys last name is Dell, and he just used his last name for his business name.....

Funny its the companies that are really hurting that are doing this crap. If they feel that the little guy can hurt their own business then thats saying something. The next thing you'll see is anyone that happens to have a horse that is a mustang (heard they don't exist anymore though) they will have to have the horse rebranded to another type of horse :cool: .

Frit

Sure protect your trademark, but if its your last name? Nobody should be able to tell me how to use my own last name.....

Glad the 35th Registry will be back up.

Modifications are in progress on the Registry. As soon as I have the changes I need and want completed, I will try to get things going again. I appreciate everyone's patience.

All my best.

Back