key on buzz noise delete

Spider

ok im sure theres topics on this but i dont knwo what to type in to do a search for it.

sitting it the car with key in and that dumb beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise just never ends. how do i get rid of that anoying noise ?

well when your doing things like bleeding the rear brakes and ~~~~ its kinda anoying.... need to fix my power seat belts to, need the key on for that to. dont really wanna listen to it, it gives me nightmares at night :(

If you look to the rear of the fuse panel inside the car you will see it. If not put the key in and listen. Only problem is on my 95 when I pulled it out enough to make the thing shut up it also controls the washer or wipers....I cant remember but I know when I plugged it back in while driving that whatever it was started working again. I thought about taking it apart and disableing the buzzer and putting it back in.

Spider said:
well when your doing things like bleeding the rear brakes and ~~~~ its kinda anoying.... need to fix my power seat belts to, need the key on for that to. dont really wanna listen to it, it gives me nightmares at night :(

Its behind the glovebox. You have to push the two side levers in once the g/b doors open, then you can open it all the way-all the way.
To the right, you will see a rectangular black plug in a white socket, I just pull that plug out of all my birds, and serenity returns....

paul

thirdbird said:
Its behind the glovebox. You have to push the two side levers in once the g/b doors open, then you can open it all the way-all the way.
To the right, you will see a rectangular black plug in a white socket, I just pull that plug out of all my birds, and serenity returns....

paul

There are several wires going into/coming out of the "plug". What else is disconnected when the plug is pulled? All of those wires can't be just for the buzz noise maker can they?

pablon2 said:
There are several wires going into/coming out of the "plug". What else is disconnected when the plug is pulled? All of those wires can't be just for the buzz noise maker can they?

I wonder about that too, but I know that the behavior of the courtesy lights and factory alarm are NOT impacted by unplugging.
I am not sure about keyless, but the power locks don't behave any differently either.
My experience...

paul:)

Back