Driver's Seat

ThunderDave

I noticed while working on my 89 and 91, that the 89 had 4 wiring connectors under the drivers seat and the 91 only has 3. I know the 3 on the 91 are for power seats, bolsters and lumbar. What is the 4th connector for on the 89? The seats weren't in the car and I'm using the ones from the 91 in it. Just wondering since I have a connector leftover.

Thanks.

Seatbelts maybe? I replaced my seats in the 93 but it was a couple of years ago and really dont remember for sure

Ken

Most likely for the "seat occupied switch" that senses when you are in the seat and locks the doors automaticly when you move the shifter from park to drive.

birds4us said:
Most likely for the "seat occupied switch" that senses when you are in the seat and locks the doors automaticly when you move the shifter from park to drive.

I didn't know any of the SCs came with that. The 89 has just about everything else on it, so maybe that was it. It will be nice having all the bells and whistles the 91 doesn't have.

Thanks Patrick.

Thanks Ken.

If the seat does not have the switch in it it is an easy install. The switch should be easy to find as it has a 96 Grand Marquis part #. Then you will have to program the vehicle to lock the doors with the keypad on the door. If you need instructions, PM me or check your owners manual. If you need pics let me know as well.

Will the keypad not work without the switch for that plug that goes on the seat?

If that is the case, I'll see if I can track one down.

Thanks!

Back