Check your dampener!!!!!! Please read!!!

lube70

Well, after installing some much needed parts on the SC, I finally decided to install the pulley for the crank I had put off for almost a year!!!

I thought I had seen the stock pulley wobble a little (very little) before and never took much notice. I put on the pulley and started it and no wobble....All was well and drove it about two blocks. Returned to check and sure enough, the pulley was wobbling again!!!!! Not a lot, just enough to be curious....

I then removed the pulley and checked the balancer....Sure enough, the rubber was GONE on the one quarter of the balancer. This causes the balancer to now "not balance" the motor!!!!

That is why I was getting the wobble....

So....Got the BHJ coming from Bill and will be ready for the dyno-tune this coming weekend!!!!

Just a FYI that everyone, no matter what the mileage....should check the balancer!!!!

Don

Some of the local guys watched someone drive around for a while with a wobbling balancer - we kept telling him to replace it, which he finally did. Which meant we didn't haveta wear helmets and drink beer to take care of the pain from flying parts :D Click here for the picture

-Melon

Don,
I replaced mine years ago with the BHJ. Years ago my original one went out. Unforunately at the time factory replacement was the only source. I replaced that one with a BHJ and have not had any worries.

Later
Ken

j rick kirby said:
Believe it or not I still have my origional HGs and balancer w/ 212,xxx miles.Does make my nervous a little.

well you could replace it now or when you wanna redo the HG's:confused:

Believe it or not I still have my origional HGs and balancer w/ 212,xxx miles.Does make my nervous a little.
How often do you check it? I was under my car changing my oil, at 213,xxx miles:rolleyes: , went to wipe some oil off the balancer and it spun.:eek: Thankfully at the previous oil change I had removed the plastic balancer cover or I may have found out about the balancer in a much different way.

Kurt

Back