what the hell

thundrburd

well I had new wires put on my sc since it seemed like it was missing every now and again, had my mechanic do it, and when I picked it up, it actually ran worse than before, it started shuttering real bad when it hit 5 psi boost, has anyone out there ever heard of this happening and what the hell could be causing this rather large problem ?? thanks

Tony

As you may know wires and plugs on our cars are not easy to do. It is very easy to not get a plug wire all the way on the plug. Also the same symtoms can be caused by bad plugs, how old are yours. Also, if the wires aren't replaced carefully it is very easy to damage the conductor core. BTW, what brand of wires were used? Some brands don't work well on these cars. John

for ease of access to the spark plugs you machanic may have taken off the upper IC tubing. Check for vaccuum leaks.

well my mechanic said the plugs looked brand new, but the wires were old, so he replaced them with whatever brand advance auto sells, hopefully it is something simple

If your mechanic used a helms manual he probably got two of the wires crossed. That manual has the wiring diagram on the coil pack wrong. I know that after I did my head gaskets that was what I did wrong.

I would still change the plugs, a brand new cracked plug will not work properly either and a visual look would never show that it was damaged.

Back