subframe removal

flying bird

It's been a long time guy's,but I have a question.thirdbird and myself are replacing the front subframe also call ths k-member.I bent mine really bad and my buddy who is an owner of a body shop just shook his head,and said he was worried abouy pulling the whole car out of wack.I fond a frame for $100. local and I'm doing thr motor mounts,any idea's on the best way?

thanks,shamus

Last edited:
flying bird said:
It's been a long time guy's,but I have a question.thirdbird and myself are replacing the front subframe also call ths k-member.I bent mine really bad and my buddy who is an owner of a body shop just shook his head,and said he was worried abouy pulling the whole car out of wack.I fond a frame for $100. local and I'm doing thr motor mounts,any idea's on the best way?

thanks,shamus

Im not sure what the tool is called but there is a toold made to support the engine when you take out the K-frams. Basically it bolts to your strut towers and then you chain the engine to it. Then you just have to take out the 8 e-18 bolts, disconnect your steering linkage, take out the motor mount through bolts and seperate your suspension parts. I dont believe it will be too terribly hard. Might I reccomend you replace the motor mounts while you are that far in it. They arent that exspensive and are a b!tch to do any other time. Just my .02. PM me for more in depth detail. I have dont his a few times so I know what you are looking at. I'd figure it to take about a 12 pack!

Back