This look right?

Young-SC-Owner

i think ive got the bolt pattern/what goes where down so i put er on and thats where the thingy goes right? oil pressure sending unit i believe?

Attachments

• P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 189
  • P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010063.JPG
    P1010063.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 207
lol you pull the engine, and you ask about a simple oil pressure sender? yea thats where it goes, why don't you put an aftermarket one on it, get a T fitting and use um both.

What did u do to the engine since you pulled it out?

i didnt pull the engine, when i got the car it was out and boxed up it had a rod knocking so i boiled the block then had it pressure tested put new bearings, rings in, deglazed the cylinders, heads trued for flatness, decked the block for truness, 3 angle valve job, new beehive springs, and now just getting around to start puttin it together;) whats the advantages of an aftermarket OPS?

Yep thats wehre it goes, make sure you use some teflon at the very least. Also, if you dont wanna get an aftermarket pressure gauge consider upgrading to the mustang pressure sending unit and doing the stock gauge conversion. You wanna keep your oil pressure in perspective, its a good safety measure. Good luck man!

Summitracing.com , Get an Autometer Oil Pressure Guage for around $50-$60.

Advantage? Well it tells you oil pressure at all times, the current sensor lets you know if its 15PSI ( NOT sure) and up, if its under than you have no oil pressure.

I have both in my car, I feel comfortable knowing oil pressure at all times. Up to you man, but all I'm going to say is that it would be the perfect time since there is nothing in your way. I had to buy some fittings , etc to get it to fit by the accessory bracket.

CaifanSC where can I get more info on the stock gauge conversion you are talking about in this thread. I cant seem to search it out.

seriously, what is up with that conversion? it just tells u temperature? i mean a little more info on what it does would be nice... maybe a new write up with more detailed info.... wait till you see me oil pressure and water temp mod... its gonna blow ur minds...

darkstar_one said:
seriously, what is up with that conversion? it just tells u temperature? i mean a little more info on what it does would be nice... maybe a new write up with more detailed info.... wait till you see me oil pressure and water temp mod... its gonna blow ur minds...

Temperature?????? where does it say temperature mod??? I was under the impression it was to have the OIL pressure gauge be a gauge.

I've done the mod, and its great AND my car still looks stock and original :D .

Frit

Back