what am I missing here?

442guy

I just took a ride in a friends LS1 TA and he has a rear mounted turbo charger?? Hella cool. Really perks the car up in teh midrange.
I got to thinking (I know real stupid) long tube headers into a x pipe to a 3 inch pipe all the way back to a Turbo with a wastegate Eather side, run the boost tube back and through a designed gate dumping after the TB but before the IC into the induction system the looog run under the car would surely cool that charge especially if stainless tube was used.
The spring or vacuume electically acutated gate would limit boost for the turbo under low rpm/ part throttle, and open full bore for WOT applications??
Has it been tried, and could our computer handle this , I'm thinking lots of usable torque and a WOT hp hit from the turbo you would be deleting mufflers and resinators so the weight adding would be minimal.

Last edited:
I think you would need a way to measure the additional airflow. As the way youdescribed did not include the maf in any way.

I was thinking maybe a y junction right before the MAF the turbo pushing into sort of a flapper, while the supercharger is making most of the boost the turbo side provides minimal boost and as the pressure from the turbo spools up the gate pushed over and mostly the turbo boost is used the turbo side would need a BOV maybe even the stock blower. The filter for the turbo would be in the back where one of the mufflers would go. so youd have two filter sort of a force fed Buffet. I would think that 8 to ten foot run from the rear of the car would really cool down that intake charge and make say a double IC very efficient.

Y-Pipe flapper thingie?

Can you draw a diagram of this Supercharged/Turbocharged, Dual Intake, Y-Pipe flapper thingie intake system that you're attempting to describe? Maybe I'm old, but I can't make heads nor tails of what your saying.

68COUGAR

Back