Idler Pulleys...

darkstar_one

Hey, As i was testing out my mechanical oil pressure gauge and holding it steady on my jack stand dyno, with the car in neutral and my little brother holding it steady at 5K rpms for atleast 30 seconds. Right before my dad came out screaming like a maniac about what was going on. I noticed i need some new idler pulleys. I think the bearings are wearing out on the ones i have and i want to replace em with after market aluminum ones if possible. I noticed that at kragen.com they show the same part number pulleys for the 94-95 GT 5.0s as for the SC. Are the idler pulleys interchangeable? If so i can pick up some 5.0 aluminum pulleys and swap em over to the SC. thanks.

Screaming Maniac vs. Idler Pulleys

darkstar_one said:
Hey, As i was testing out my mechanical oil pressure gauge and holding it steady on my jack stand dyno, with the car in neutral and my little brother holding it steady at 5K rpms for atleast 30 seconds. Right before my dad came out screaming like a maniac about what was going on.
What does oil pressure & a screaming maniac have to do with Idler pulleys? :confused:

68COUGAR

sweet freaking jesus..... yes they are details about what the hell i was doing when i noticed i needed pulleys.... something too difficult to comprehend. :confused:

Back