AFPR recomendations????

James Kanteraki

hey guys,
i know there are about a dozen or so different AFPR's being used. Just wondering what everyone thinks about the one they have.

I know some have been modified to fit OEM locatation, I'm looking for something that is easy to swap in but works well. (yes i know its a pain in the ass to take one of these out)

If it makes any difference, i don't have larger injectors yet but it is planned for the future, i already have a 255 fuel pump.

Also i got a 92 with the 30# injectors, what do i initially set this thing at??

James,

The best one I've seen so far is made by Aeromotive. The one for your car will be the same as a Mustang 5.0 for the same year.

Summitt and Jegs both sell them for about $110. It will also require a little grinding on the fuel rail for clearance.

David

aeromotive is the best aftermarket

but, I've heard that the factory fuel pressure regulators are fine for most applications until your pushing excess boot (and I'm sure a lot of people here are pushing 15+ w/ the same regulator). Make sure if you use the Aeromotive one that you get the one that is compatible with fuel injection systems, and remember, always tune from overly rich to lean...best of luck!
------Dylan

afpr

thanks for the replies.

looks like I only have one option, at least one that has been tested.

Question: do i have to grind a lot, or is it something i can do with the rail on the car.

As for the orig Press. reg. it was ok. this past april i replaced fuel pump and everything was fine till about a month ago. (I've got a few mods and run about 13 psi.) It started to bogg down on accel. I put my line pressure guage and checked things out. When i jam on the gas and it boggs down I'm reading about 52psi of fuel in the line. Thats way toooo much. The interesting thing is this. when i first had this problem it was all the time, when exceeding +5 psi, now i already put a new OEM regulator in about 2 weeks ago and now it boggs down inconsistently, but I must at least exceed +8.

thats why i'm going with the AFPR. It seems that the OEM just isn't cutting it for me... go figure.

thanks
jim

Back