suction bleeding the brakes ?

Spider

since I'm having trouble getting any fluid out of my rear brakes after i took the proportion valve out and drained all my fluid out.

I'm gonna buy a Bench Bleeder to help get my fluid threw the brake system.

how do i bleed the brakes with this tool ?

i think i heard something like opening up all the bleeder screws and bleeding the fronts and working my way to the back or something like that ?

oh i just found this, im not sure if the SC has this button but if you look at this picture it says to "push the button with a blunt tool" ? what is that button and where is it ? i thought i saw a small black rubber button looking thing on my rear brake splitter but i only pushed it with my finger and it doesnt really seemed to do anything, felt solid. is that the button or ?

0460.jpg

Last edited:
I use a Vacuum operated bleeder. Like this: http://www.toolsource.com/ost//prod...5103&mscssid=R7SC1QKLH3M88L5BPW5QS4JAE9500439

I got my local cheaper then what is listed here. Works fantastic takes about 10 min to flush the entire system. Hook it up to the caliper bleed screw, put a container over the master cylinder of brake fluid and turn on the air and it pulls air, old fluid, etc out of the system. Not sure if you could rent something similar. I start with the driver front, pass front, driver rear then pass rear.

do i still need the key on to pull out fluid from the rear with the suction pump ?

also should i open up all my bleeder at the same time since I'm having issues with fluid making out to the rear brakes and close each one as i go ? or get fluid to come out of each caliper then close all bleeder screws and then go back and bleed them the normal way ?

ill probably get a cheap $30.00 one unless i can borrow my neighbors

Leave the key on so the pump works and just start at the front and work your way back and do one at a time with all the others closed. It will pull the air out as needed from the lines. Make sure that you keep the master cylinder full at all times. If you can’t keep a bottle on top have someone stand there to keep it full. You can do the back first if you want, but you will have to do it all over again (front to rear).

cool thanks for the help. i hope i can get fluid out of the rear if not i will be :(

I'm thinking the master cylinder must be full of air from completely drain the reservoir when i took my valve out

well i spent 4 hours and was working on it till 1:00 am and i can get a little fluid out with the bench bleeder gun but i cant seem to get a even flow. i tried everything to get it to work and its not happening so i think i might take it to a shop ( first time for doing this on my own car ) if its cheap enough ill have them try to get it done.

how safe is it with driving with just the front brakes working normal ?

Last edited:
Back