91 t-bird sc making noises

Darkwhite

Recently had some repairs doen to the crank shaft pully and the AIC but now when I turn off the car it sounds like a either air blow off or slight grinding and it comes as the sc drops in pressure just wondering if its natural? also when I accelerate hard there is a kind of grinding noise from the rear tires could that be that the bearings are going?

Thanks

to be exact when u turn the car off it sounds like its like a goose honk I read its from the IAC I just had it out to be cleaned I was wondering if this is a bad thing or natural.

I cleaned my iac out about a year ago and withen a week I got the goose honk, I replaced it with another and all has been well since. Most of the time its real bad at an idle and goes away with rpm increase. Also you will hear it upon shut down of the engine. Also if you happen to be strapped for cash to get another one, you can always pull the IAC off and cut you a piece of hard plastic to fit the gasket and reassemble it. You will then have to adjust your idle as this will make the IAC inoperable. Just leave it unplugged till you can get a new one.
For some reason the plastic (black) one that we have one these dont take too well to cleaning.

S

Last edited:
so the only way to stop this is to replace the motor? and is it harming the engien at all to keep driving it?

I dont see where it will harm the engine myself, just aggravating as he*& when you come to a stop light or just idling, not to mention the looks when they here it.
S

lol rigtht now I only get the noise when I shut the engine off I have not noticed the noise at any other point yet but I had a oen priced at 120$ canadian so I may just replace it.

Back