IAC making goose Honk

Darkwhite

as previous posted before I just cleaned out my IAC and now when I shut off my car it makes a goose honk is this harmful to the engine if I don;t replace the IAC atm I am strapped for cash so I am wondering if it is left alone will it effect the engine in any way? it idles perfect starts at around 1000 in park then drops to 600-700 when u switch into gear.

If anyone knows any place around toronto Ontario to find a new IAC cheap let me know. cause the dealership wants around 140$ to replace it.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Just disconnect the IAC for now, it will run fine but it wont have a cold idle. Ive ran with one disconected for a few days till i was able to get a new one.

Nope, its 2 screws to replace can be done in a few minutes. Is it needed to be replaced? No, but it will put a check engine light. and if you live in the cold it will be real hard to warm up the engine. Part should be less than $100 i forget

makes sence I am going to look into getting it replaced tommorow I am just not 100% sure where it is. I know its black and its on the drivers side of the TBis it the one closer to the firewall?

looking from the front to back of the engine , it is mounted on the right (drivers) side of the tb. You will need a 8mm socket to do this job. The bottom on is the FUN one.
You are probably going to find a crack in between the two passages, also I usually go to the bone yards alot and usually get a few of these while Im out, that may be another option. It doesnt have to come off a sc motor, I have found them in mustangs,lincolns,taurus's, etc... so that may be another option. If you want I can go mon and collect a few more if you want me to send you a couple, just pay shipping, my bone yard is good to me one this kind of stuff

S

Last edited:
Darkwhite said:
makes sence I am going to look into getting it replaced tommorow I am just not 100% sure where it is. I know its black and its on the drivers side of the TBis it the one closer to the firewall?

You might want to go over to the Ontario divison in these forums and ask the guys there if they have 1. Trying to bring a part over the border and customs will charge almost the same as what the part is worth. You may even get someone there to give you a hand if you need it (but don't hold your breath)

Frit

Scan through the Spinning Wheels site, they offen have the IAB/C valves and TPS' for our throttle body.

Back