No sense in worrying about the SRT8

I couldn't get the video to work but over on the Srt-8 forums they look to run very low 13's stock (13.04). One guy with an Srt-8 300 even ran high
12's stock. Considering that every SRT-8 vehicle stock will beat my buddies new Mustang GT (Auto), they are good enough for me!

Kinda hard to screw up an automatic badly enough to come in half a second off :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hot looking ride though.

Yeah, I saw a multi-colored Charger this weekend. Had to have been custom paint, white and burnt orange half/half, top/bottom. Sharp.

My folks just bought an STS this weekend, with the V8 and AWD. Can't wait to give that a go with the Cougar. Should get my ~~~ reamed.

Funniest thing is that my father used to state that anyone buying a car over $20k was an absolute idiot. Boy, people change with age!

Elevation...elevation...elevation.

Everything is slower at high evevation/altitude because the air is thinner. The dyno has a correction factor, but the timing lights at the track don't.

David

I Work At A Dodge Dealer, And Was The First One To Grab The Keys Of The First Srt8 Charger Delivered Here. I Have Driven A Z06, Vipers, Mustangs, Camaros, Etc, And Can Personally Attest That This One Was An Easy High 12's Car. We Put A Cai, Throttle Body Spacer, And Borla Cat Back On One And It Put Down 420 Hp To The Wheels. Lots Of Potential.

Still a Dodge and still an E class platform. At least we can maintain power at high elevations. And so will the new Cobra thats going to show that SRT where to put it. Its simple with Dodges.. Either you gotta dodge em or ram em :D

I'm still trying to convince my wife to trade her GTP in on a black SRT8 Charger, like the one in the video. I think they are very cool looking cars, for older folks like me.

David

Anything That Isnt Naturally Aspirated Will Maintain Power At High Elevation- Our Motors Dont Require Atmospheric Pressure For Charge Air Density. Now Just Think If You Boosted This 6.1l, What Would Happen Then? The Cobra (which Isnt A Cobra, Its A Shelby Gt500 For You Technical Folks) Would Run Scared Then, Too. When Youre Comparing Apples And Oranges, Theres Always Going To Be Two Sides To The Story. Dont Get Me Wrong- I Bleed Ford Blue As Much As The Next Guy, Mopar Just Signs My Checks. I Just Know To Give Respect When Due. Charlie Daniels Said It Best... Give The Devil (srt8) Its Due.

Ill give it its due when it takes a german car... like the comparable E55 AMG or the RS6. its got 4 doors, it should run like one.

Well, Considering The Rs6 Is Only A High 13 Second Car At Best, And The E55 Is, Again, Supercharged, I Guess It Hangs Allright, Beating One And Only A Half Second Behind The Other. Oh, And I Can Take My Extra $30 Grand And Buy A Winter Beater, Too.

Dodge

I sense a Dodge hater here

Im a huge Ford Fan myself but Unless you are Blind it is Quite clear that Dodge has taken over the American car market easily.

Their Trucks are arguably the best out

Their Luxury car (300c) Is the best selling *American* Luxury car
And The most powerful.
You simply cant compare a Supercharged 2dr Sports car (Cobra)
to a 4dr Luxoliner/sport tourer such as the Charger or the 300c
Like previously stated comparing the 2 is like comparing apples to oranges

Wait till Dodge produces the new Challenger then they will overtake the American sports car market

Its time to give credit where credit is Due Dodge has risen from the grave it was in during the Mid eightys and Now sells some of the most competitive cars in America

I'm sure with a CAI cat back system and a magna or Paxton type SC these SRT8's will be putting over 500hp to the rear wheels They are a HEAVY car, but have a good tranny (mercedes) wait till the tuners start messing with them a Hennesey SRT8 charger will certainly be badazz.
There is no replacement for displacement, and the flow on those HEMI heads is very good and will support quite a bit more power.

442guy said:
I'm sure with a CAI cat back system and a magna or Paxton type SC these SRT8's will be putting over 500hp to the rear wheels They are a HEAVY car, but have a good tranny (mercedes) wait till the tuners start messing with them a Hennesey SRT8 charger will certainly be badazz.
There is no replacement for displacement, and the flow on those HEMI heads is very good and will support quite a bit more power.

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING..............
http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Mercha...ode=SRT-61001-MAG&Category_Code=MAGNUM61SRTSC

Thanks for that linky, and thats only 6lbs of boost:eek:
That would probably be very drivable till ya hit the go pedal now all they need is a 6 speed manual conversion....

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Sporty car as in Vette Ford GT and Viper?

Or are we talking stang....Pony cars...
OBVIOUSLY NOT W/ THE VIPER/VETTE/GT... THEY ALREADY ARE IN THAT MARKET. BUT WITH THE VIPER CLOSE TO THE TOP IN THAT MARKET, AND THE CHARGER/CHALLENGER BEING THE CREME DE LA CREME (IF PRODUCED AS CONCEPT IS), THEY HAVE THE CORNER ON THE SPORTS MARKET AS A WHOLE. THROW IN THE CROSSFIRE SRT6 AND CALIBER SRT4 (300+HP AND 300, RESPECTIVELY), AND ITS ONE LINEUP NOONE CAN COMPARE TO.

Back