What is the deal with V8 rear coil springs?

69 Sportroof

Ford doesn't have them.:mad: Moog has a generic cargo coil that lists the V6 only (cc861), and looks way to tall to fit in the lower A arm. Midas and Monro don't have them either.Nutz!! The guy at Ford told me to look for "spring codes" on the door decal, I saw the usual paint,rear axle etc. I just finished rebuilding the entire front end of my '95 LX 4.6L. Now the back is showing it's age and I thought, what the hell the back should be easy.Easy if you can source the damn parts,GEEZ! Can anyone suggest a parts supplier? I'm not looking for performance, just a good OEM or slighly stiffer.

p.s. I need my car back fast. My truck is KILLING ME in gas!!!:eek:

Not Sure About The Springs, But Are You Sure Its Them? If Its Squatting, Usually Its The Spring Isolators On Top And Bottom Of The Spring, Not The Spring Itself.

uhh, i took my isolators out of my v8 car and it didnt really lower the ride height. they arent noisy either. i put the SC springs in my v8 car and i like the increased rate.

Yes, The Rubber Wears Out After Awhile. Your Car Ends Up Sitting Like It Is Lowered In The Backend And Rides Like Sh--.

I'll definitely check those out, but I still need to replace the rears, I'm not thrilled with the idea of an all new front end and a half-assed rear. Anyone else know of any suppliers?

Back