Tech or not, here's what I did. (Pics)

SK_BlownThunder

Got my transmission back together and lovin it. All synchros 100 percent, so far. Did the front part of my exhaust while I was at it. Once I saw what the muffler shop did, I figured I'll finish off the rear end at a later time, and when the account is replenished of course. (Was not impressed with the invoice after what they really did at the muffler shop.) Basically went with 2.25" off the factory manifolds, flared into 2.5" pipes into a dual 2.5" in/3" out Magnaflow universal. From there I left the stock 2.5" pipe in and mufflers on (just for now) and ended up welding the old flange onto the new 3" outlet to match up with the stock flange on the existing pipe. I will be doing the back part myself since it will be fairly easy, once I get the tank pipe bent that is...

Just wonderin what I have to do to fix my problem with the side mouldings peeling away from the car. Looks like hell and the rear valence needs some TLC too before it gets too bad, any suggestions?

Got the new seats done and so far so good they are awesome, in my opinion anyway. What do you all think? I basically had the sides done in leather again and got the centers done in premium high grade vinyl, twice the price of real leather. Comfortable as hell and a lot better than the leather look-alike I had them done in before. ALOT more softer and flexible now. Once the new seats started tearing, I had the guy redo them at a charge of 50 bucks just to cover some of the material cost, but other than that, he did 80 percent of the material and labour for free, which was nice, considering the poor guy probably will not make it until his next birthday anyway. I was thinking of engraving his name on the back of the drivers seat just for his memory for when he does pass.

Installed the autometer boost guage, (stock one just quit along with my fog light switch). Also installed a new switch there, but would really like the factory one if anyone knows where I can find one. The blue cheap one looks like hell if you ask me.

Hope the pics turned out good and give me your suggestions/opinions. Thanks in advance! PS: 100' drags in Cupar, SK first weekend in June. Check em out, www.racecir.com! I'll be there.

Attachments

• SC Exhaust (Front).JPG
    SC Exhaust (Front).JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 142
  • New SC Seats.JPG
    New SC Seats.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Dirty SC.JPG
    Dirty SC.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 96
  • SC Side Moulding Front Damage.JPG
    SC Side Moulding Front Damage.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 104
  • SC Autometer Boost Guage.JPG
    SC Autometer Boost Guage.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 133
You bastages need to quit putting salt on the roads;)

Ya'll should do like we do in Alabama, and work from home if it snows:D

Yah, it is. I only wish it was 200 mph. And I do agree, the salt does pay a lickin on these babies. I was fortunate enough to have it shedded all last winter while I was doing the transmission though. Looks like it didn't help too much. In fact, I think having it shedded actually turned up more rust on the poor thing than probably having it out on the road. Hopefully I can do the rest of the exhaust before the front part starts to turn too!

geigerb when my moldings did that i removed the skirt and fixed the metal bracket that holds it but i also had to do my rockers at the same time.i just drilled out the rivets that held the plate on and bent it in a little and fixed where it was mounted to the body and its all nice and tight now.

Back