help? anyone? near columbia maryland?

marebear82189

Hello! I have a big favor to ask all SC owners near the columbia maryland area that have experience working on SC engines.
The story is....
I bought my first car last may. The engine had been run dry and overheated and it also had bad head gaskets. Me and my dad bought it cheap and, because my dad is somewhat a mechanic himself and because I didn't even have my license yet, we decided to get it and fix it ourselves as a good father-daughter project. Wellllll it has almost been a year and it STILL is not complete. the engine had more issues than we thought. we had to get a new short block, take out the engine, rebuild the short block, and have got it back in the car. we have gotten it hooked to the transmission and got new spark plugs and wires and put in the fuel injectors and are basically almost ready to put the super charger and belts on. It has taken so long because my dad works long hours and i have school and homework and a job and dance performances and other things, so we never get a good amount of time free to really work on it.
My dad has asked me to see if ANYONE with experience(no matter how much) would volunteer to come over this saturday (May 20th) around 10-11-12ish a.m. to help finally finally finally do the finishing touches and get my car running!!! this is completely volunteer, but my dad and I are completely up to paying anyone gas money for taking the time to drive over and help. Also, we will have lots of food prepared, probably a cookout depending on the weather, that everyone helping may help themselves to.

We would really appreciate it if you can help, even just a little.we are trying to get as many volunteers as possible so that it will not take long and interrupt your schedules at all. I am sixteen and have had my license for 7 months now and still have never even gotten to turn my first car on, let alone drive it. Please Help if you can!!

If you can help please reply to this thread, or email me at marebear82189@yahoo.com or call 4107196457. My name is Mary and my father's name is Roger.

THANKS for taking the time to read this!:D

Well...I work all saturdays and sundays. If it was a differant day of the week I would be more than happy to lend a hand to a fellow member if what I have gained from here in knowledge and ability will help.

Can you give a little more info on the troubles your dad is having. There is a differance of putting the whole top of the motor back and just hooking up the wiring.

I am not one to charge you for a bolt or info. If I got it and it helps...its yours.

my dad says that all he can think of that needs to be finished or hooked up is the wiring, injector wiring, belts, supercharger, starter, and the electronic ignition. also, if you are available, my dad says he would appreciate it if you could lend a hand this friday afternoon, about 4:30 or so. We are asking very last minute so please do not inconvenience yourself at all to try and help. If you can help friday, either reply with your number and what time is good to call you or call/email/reply sometime tomorrow for our address and directions. Thank you so much for offering a helping hand!:)

The soonest we could make it up there would be next weekend. We have to go to ohio this weekend. By the way I went to Oakland mills Middle and High schools.

thanks

thanks, I will tell my dad when I see him. I sprained my ankle really bad today and cant walk so getting around is hard, but I will try to catch him when he gets home, which should be soon. Also, when you say we, who is coming with you? it is not a problem or anything, just curious to know how many people may be able to help. I will try to get back to you ASAP but, like I said, i sprained my ankle pretty bad and getting to and from the computer is somewhat a pain. but do not worry, I will get back to you! thank you so much for your time!

Well This isnt technical but this is where it was started. Just figured I would give every one an update.

We may have another SC back in action. Everything is bolted back up except the rad and IC. The cam sensor still needs to be installed. I need to verify the cam stick was put in correctly and things should be good to go.

Its a very nice car. Very clean, 90 Red, Auto with Black Leather. For a 90 it has some of the straightest GFX I have seen. Thanks to the knowledge all of you have given me and the vast amount of idle time I have. There is another SC alive......almost.

(Mary.....Lock your doors. I want that black interior)

Back