another video

flyingthunder said:
Stock shortblock:cool:
But about $3,000 dollars worth of bolt ons.
Time to update yer Member's page. Or at least fill it in to begin with. ;)
Here I go waste ALL THAT TIME to check out your list of mods/bolt-ons and there ain't nuttin' there....:p

...and there goes 2 gallons of gas

but seriously, do you know how much boost you are actually running? might wanna get an aftermarket gauge.

Sounds like the bypass didn't open when you let off the gas. Was that a down shift to 2nd then the rest was in 3rd gear ?

Looks like is was gaining speed pretty fast.

David

that noise at the end was the inlet tube for the fmic coming loose under that high of boost. If I can iron out that problem I will make a full throttle run. And it is an automatic, so that was a downshift to drive then back into overdrive. And I really don't know how much boost I am making. I guess it is time for a aftermarket gauge.:)

Last edited:
David Neibert said:
How about a listing of all the go-faster mods you've done ? BTW, Nice looking SC.

David
Thanks for the compliment, as for the list here goes
MPIII, custom FMIC with high speed fan and 3" tubing, 76MM maf, 75MM TB, 42# injectors, raised top, aluminium pulleys, 15% blower overdrive, 255 lph fuel pump, and EEC tuner (not installed). Everything else is bonestock.

I like that, I should make a video like that with my rice box, it seems like you guys are deadly from a roll.

damnit seeing all that makes me want to do more mods to my sc, and i just got it running really well again. with what i already have, doing some 373 gears, some tranny work, and good tires and im sure ill be in alot better shape then i already am.

Dahoopd said:
Nice Video Dave, you piss me off. Sounds good and pegs the gauges.

Flyingthunder, I like the burnout video. The car looks good.

dont get me wrong but i think thats the turbo 347 bird

I'm making my video now. 20g evo and gt30r sti....gonna have it up tonight.

I like those kind of videos....hard as hell to have someone video tape though, I might just flat foot shift in mine ~_~

Question about high boost...

This is directed at the 3.8 SC motor guys, but Dave you most likely have the answer to this one.
How does one avoid a blown Head Gasket at 15-20 lbs of boost?
Is it necessary to buy aftermarket heads?
Do stock ported heads and ported exhaust manifolds give enough flow to overdrive an MPIII 15%?
Those acceleration videos are killer, I bet those are as fast as Bob's 4.6/Allen setup! That car scared me. Dave's car looks even faster than that, if he's gettin it to the ground, that is!

paul

Back