sc raised top paint color??

ddw350

mines getting shabby looking,peeling,flaking.anyone know of a correct paint color to match the i/c tubes,i have aluminim but it way off..thanks.

Paul at BTM just posted the correct color code for the stock SC and pipes. I tried to find the thread i saw it in but I have the mind of a Gold Fish and cant quite remember where I saw it. Try your search. Mine didnt work to well but it was recent.

The info that Paul posted was for POWDER COAT color not paint. ;)

If all else fails you could take the sc top or an IC tube in to someplace that mixes paint and have them match it. Problem is.... I would wonder about whether or not regular paint will hold up to the heat.

matbe its the "high heat" type..the paint is fine execpt where all the sanding and what looks to be jb weld smeard all over to smoothe out where the welds are for the raised top to the neck part of it.looks like it just started peeling and all,i think i touched it up years ago with some spray paint,its been a long time ago though...worse comes to worse,i'll do a rough match at the local parts store...

XR7inWI said:
The info that Paul posted was for POWDER COAT color not paint. ;)

If all else fails you could take the sc top or an IC tube in to someplace that mixes paint and have them match it. Problem is.... I would wonder about whether or not regular paint will hold up to the heat.

Thats correct, now I remember. Can you add the link.

If all else fails you could take the sc top or an IC tube in to someplace that mixes paint and have them match it.

This is exactly what I have done. Took the original supercharger outlet to my local paint/body supplier and had them eye-match it. They mixed up a pint of single stage urethane paint with a gloss reducer to match the original finish perfectly. I have painted the SC outlet and my custom inlet plenum with this paint.

Problem is.... I would wonder about whether or not regular paint will hold up to the heat.

The single stage urethane paint has held up well over the past 2 years. No flaking or peeling at all but keep in mind that my SC isn't a daily driver. It's only driven occasionally to a total of 1,000-1,500 miles per year. I don't think the supercharger outlet gets hot enough that non-engine (high temp) paint wouldn't work.

Good luck,

Bryan

i seen some brake caliper paint today at advance auto,says withstands extreme temps...looked medium to dark silver,they have a few colors that might work,i will fool with it this weekend...

Back