A few quick tips on engine assembly/disassembly

sizemoremk

First of all, wish me luck, I'm about 10 minutes away from firing it up for the first time since the rebuild and severl boltons.... So a quick prayer to the Sc gods would be appreciated:D

Anyways...

1. You must install the cam sensor stalk into the timing cover, prior to mounting the pasenger side accessory bracket onto the head...

2. Installing the transmission dipstick tube would likely be very easy if installed prior to hooking the exaust back up...

3. Not sure about stock SC tops, but the raised top I have interferes with the SC mounting bolt, so mount the SC to the manifold prior to installing the SC top if yours interferes...

4. I have the Pro products 75mm throttle body, and you cannot install it onto the inlet once the inlet/SC is bolted to the manifold. It won't fit between the studs and the oil filler neck...

5. Some years may be different, but installing the grounding strap(passenger side) and battery ground (drivers side) to the motor mount brackets is also easier before you install the accessory brackets.

I might remember another "gotcha" later, but figured I'd throw them out there while they were fresh in my mind.

Good info, wish I had the foresight to do the same after my rebuild a few months ago. I hope the string will continue to grow other good tips. Once you are done with your first install, you are nearly a fricken expert! I attached some pics of my motor before it was dropped back into it's new home. Enjoy and good luck.
(Don't forget to prime your oil pump with vaseline!)

Attachments

• 93 SC engine 2 small.jpg
    93 SC engine 2 small.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 93 SC engine 3 small.jpg
    93 SC engine 3 small.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 93 SC engine 4 small.jpg
    93 SC engine 4 small.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 93 SC engine small.jpg
    93 SC engine small.jpg