Knocking problem now, getting frustrated.

flopster9

I just bought my sc like a week and a half ago, now the bloody thing is developed a knock, yippee.....
Does anyone know if you can rebuild the bottom end of the engines without pulling the motor, and how much it will probably cost me to do a rebuild, or put a new crank, con rods, and bearing in>??
Maybe a motor swap would eb better.
Im running out of money and nerves for this car.
Thanks

Running lean causes knock, too hot motor (220), as well as over advanced timing. Might be a good idea to check for codes, carefully clean your maf, and check for vacuum leaks.

I had that issue when I tryed to put 87 in it now I usually stick to 91 or 94 octane and the knosk are gone its a weird sound to.

Tickler said:
Running lean causes knock, too hot motor (220), as well as over advanced timing. Might be a good idea to check for codes, carefully clean your maf, and check for vacuum leaks.
I hope 220° wont cause it! These engines sit and traffic lights and idle up to more then that when the outside temps hit 70° or more!!

Ira

I hope 220° wont cause it! These engines sit and traffic lights and idle up to more then that when the outside temps hit 70° or more!!

I guess thiers two answers: It doesint help, and it certainly does. With the onset of summer, and a stock cooling system its very possible to have the problem he's experiencing. Im not saying its definitely causing the problem, but a post by xr7dave in the following thread is very enlightening: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63644&highlight=220

Back