Repainting cost?

Tbirdsc Colonel

I was wondering what people have been paying to get your birds repainted
A local shop gave me a quote of 7000 and i was like oh well un NO
Its black right now no rust the clear coat is just gone. I want to get it repainted but i think 7k is a little rediculous. Is that seriously the average price? and does anyone know someone around cincinnati OH that will not make me cry when i see the price?

In Atlanta, I have gotten quotes from $3500 to $5000+ over the phone and one guy laughed about painting a 1989 domestic.

A good independent painter has estimated $1800-$2000 as well, depending on how much he has to take off he said.

paint cost

Paid "independent" painter $1,800 - repaired dent in driver side door, new paint and clearcoat (entire car)... individual did an excellent job ... car get lots of positive comments ... no graphics or anything like that ... this guy sells autopaint for a living and is the son-:) in-law of a co-worker ... I got lucky

How much bodywork is needed? Did you ask him how much to just prep and clear it? That quote sounds rediculous, I could total a bird and get it fixed for that much. Asked Maaco?

No body work at all I have already fixed all door dings. I thought about maaco what is it there signature? the more expensive one but just dont know how good of job they do I have heard some bad horror stories like not covering grill and your rad gets painted. I just dont need paint on my fmic.

With Macco, you need to do alot of prep work and by that I mean tape or pull what you dont want painted. You can inquire on the guy that gonna shoot it and kick him $100 and he will apply the paint in a better fashion than someone that doesn't. But you will still have to pull and tape everything else. I had a friend that followed that and ended up with a nice paint job.

A friend of mine does great work. He is in Indiana, about two hours from Cincinnati.
http://www.zebuluncustomfinishes.com/
Here is a link too his web site. He is a lot less than $7000 for a complete job. I will post a couple of pictures of his work.

Attachments

• red fire1.jpg
    red fire1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 99
  • z1.3.jpeg
    z1.3.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 103
Back