Code 63 TPS low voltage...

sizemoremk

Anyone ever have code 63, TPS low voltage...

When I installed my pro-products TB, I noticed a "wrong sounding click" on the TPS, but it seemed to still be springy, etc...

When I made the adjustment to ~.92-.95 volts, it was outta range, so I assume I clocked the spring a little too much... Need to get anohter tomorrow...

So will this cause a no start condition? Or is there some kind of default scale the computer should revert to???

You will probably have to readjust your transmission TV cable so take it real easy on the first drive. I installed a BBK and thr TV cable was off wuite a bit and the TV cable needed tightening up.

I'm not understanding what you mean by the tps being out of range. Mount the tps on the TB and do your voltage measurements to check to see around .9v at idle to 4.5 for WOT.

You want the throttle blade to almost completely closed. Most of these larger TB have a air bypass screw to allow more air to bypass the throttle blades if needed. I like my car to idle around 600 rpms with the IAC unplugged. That way the IAC will be needed for idle but allow the idle to come down fast and smooth when snapping the throttle closed.

The pro products has its own adjustment for TPS idle voltage.

I just picked up a tps from Advance, and confirmed my belief that the initial or idle position of the sensor was off on the sensor itself. The "Zero position" didn't start at the correct orientation...

I must have screwed up the spring mechanism inside when I installed it on the TB...

Attachments

• tps.JPG
    tps.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 81
Yes!!!

The TPS will cause a no start condition if the TPS is shorted out or broken in the WOT shorted position. Unplug the TPS and the car will start fine. This is a common problem with people installing the TPS on another TB.

Get a new one and have fun!!!

Don

lube70 said:
The TPS will cause a no start condition if the TPS is shorted out or broken in the WOT shorted position. Unplug the TPS and the car will start fine. This is a common problem with people installing the TPS on another TB.

Get a new one and have fun!!!

Don

I believe the EEC shuts off the full injectors during cranking if the throttle is at WOT. It sort of goes back to the carb days. If the choke stuck closed the engine would flood with fuel, but if you held the throttle wide open it would force the choke open and you could get the car started.

Back