My new exhaust! Pics...

Sampo

I finally got my car back from company where they custom made the exhaust system. It's 2.5" + 3" +2.5" with Magnaflow cats and resonator.

At first the sound seemed fine but then after I have driven it awhile I decided I need the mufflers too so I'll add them later...

But here's the pics...

Attachments

• SC putket 001.jpg
    SC putket 001.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 330
  • SC putket 003.jpg
    SC putket 003.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 444
  • SC putket 008.jpg
    SC putket 008.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 409
does it sound way better with mufflers? maybe i should add some to mine... i mean they arent loud or anything just that nice VRROOOOM feel and sound... but maybe i should add some too...

are you serious? I have that same setup except dual inlet dual outlet resonator for true dual exhaust. It was very quiet for no mufflers. It sounded very very good at idle like a v8 when you romped on it the sound was noticeable but I didn't think it was very loud either

x182dan said:
are you serious? I have that same setup except dual inlet dual outlet resonator for true dual exhaust. It was very quiet for no mufflers. It sounded very very good at idle like a v8 when you romped on it the sound was noticeable but I didn't think it was very loud either

At idle the sound is nice. But when you're driving 60-70 mph speed I don't like the sound. Of course you can used to that "deep" sound...

Sampo said:
At idle the sound is nice. But when you're driving 60-70 mph speed I don't like the sound. Of course you can used to that "deep" sound...

what i noticed is that it doesnt sound like anything under throttle just a boring humm sound not ricey tho just not a defined tone. At idle it was sick for a v6

lilLemke said:
not to change the topic but has anyone just the cut the mufflers off like you can do to the 4.6L?

You cant just cut the mufflers off the exhaust on the 4.6 and gain more performance. I lost all my backpressure and alot of low end torque and horsepower - wouldnt pass smog either without the EGR opening. Im skeptical about what type of exhaust system to use on my 3.8 SC.

- Dan

Back