intercooler fan wiring?

lilLemke

I'm going to be installing a intercooler fan on my sc and I was wanting to know how you guys have wired your fans up. I was thinking about just wiring it into the radiator fan but then it wouldnt be on all the time. I just would rather not have a swith I have to flip on every time, and I dont like having switches all over the car. What if I just wire it into the ignition wires so it shuts off with the car? thanks for your help.

Ok.....

In the high current fuse box in the engine compartment, there is a red wire with a green stripe. This is the ignition on wire. Once the key is on, the wire is hot. I tapped this wire to a relay (power for relay) and ran the IC fan wire to the normally open (N/O) position of the relay. That way, when I turn the key on, teh fan comes on. Relays are cheap. If you have any questions on how to wire it, call me, I'll walk you through it, I'm an Electrician!!!

Don

(973) 277-4294

Make sure you use a relay to power the fan, do like he said if you want it on the ignition get the switch to relay wire from an ignition powered circuit. A relay (30 amp) is about $4.99 at a parts store.

I have a relay for mine and I am going to steal the switch signal from the same switch I run my cooling fan on, that way when I am going to race, I will flip the switch and have the IC fan and radiator fan on. Mine is on a red flip nitrous jet plane style switch mounted on the dash near the headlight switch.

Still YF

Scott Long said:
I have a relay for mine and I am going to steal the switch signal from the same switch I run my cooling fan on, that way when I am going to race, I will flip the switch and have the IC fan and radiator fan on.
Schlongster, W.T. Hades are you talkin' about? Just wire it to come on automatic, when the key is ON (standard wireing).

Are you still trying to Fake Out RICERS?

Grow Up & Race ME!!!!

YF

68COUGAR

Last edited:
I had pulled out my fog lamps, so I used the plug to power a relay which connected 12v from the hot side of the solenoid thru a fuse through the relay contacts to the fan. I can switch it on and off with the console fog light switch and didn't have to snake any wires thru the firewall.

Back