Air filter relocation. what size and length of piping to use ?

Spider

well the air is just to dam hot. I'm gonna cut a hole out where the stock breath hole is in front of the fender so i can put my K&N down there and have access from the top.

does anyone know what material i need like :

length/Bend Angle/Degrees on length and Angle Diameter of pipe and all that stuff :p

just wondering if people just buy stuff and piece together or does someone know exactly what pieces to buy that will work ?

If you do an e-bay search, the sell a kit for our cars with 3" pipe that puts the filter down there.

For my setup, i put a k&n cone filter where the stock box was, and eventually ill build a heat shield to seperate it from the hot air around the engine, and make it suck from the hole that the stock airbox did, kind of like the magnum powers intake from scp.

-Nick

air filter relocation

I bought one of those cold air setups from ebay and it seems to work fine. Locates the filter below the area where the stock box draws from. It's a pia though to get at the filter since you have pull off the inner plastic part of the wheel well to have access to the filter. If that doesn't bother you it gets all coolest possible air in the inlet.
Gerry

yea i saw those, but i was kinda looknig for something i might be able to make myself to save some money. mybee something i could do for liek $30 bucks or so. im poor :D all my extra money seems to be going in the gas tank :(

air filter relocation

I only paid 30 somthing $$ for this one + a little shipping, and it looks good. I'm poor too, just a retired old Engineer on too small a pension and SS, a house that always needs fixing, and a 200# Mastiff puppy who eats more than I do. That's poor! I think you'll have trouble bending 3" pipes properly to make it fit without interfering. Probably cost as much as buying the Alumunium ones off ebay.
Gerry

yea probably be a better idea to buy from ebay. i saw these ones for like 30 but it was like 30 for shipping also lol

just lost my job today because the owner is a dip ~~~~ and business is going so far downhill he had to let me go, so i have no job so I'm poorer than you ;) i still havent payed all my taxes either :D

if its any consolation, i dont have a job either.

I applied at HomeDepot, i hear they pay good
Good luck with your intake.

-Nick

Back