Rough Idle...Need Help.

tattoo

Hey Guys,
I am in the process of removing the powder coat off my ic tubes,well i got the tube thats says 'supercharged' done and i ran out time so i had to put it back on and now the car wants to stall.It revs up to 1500 and holds for a couple seconds and drops right down like it wants to stall.When i put it in gear and hold it the car dies.....Any insight would great...Thanks.Ed.:confused:

Vacume leak somewhere. Check the tightness of all the bolts and even the ones you didnt mess with. Sometimes when you remove one of the IC tubes, it can cause uneven pressure on the other one, causing it to come lose. Check every vacume line you have also. Definitely sounds like that is your problem.

Had this same thing when doing the power steering pump since you take the top IC tube off and we loosened the bottom one.

The bottom one was our problem, even though it LOOKED alright, when we reloosened it and jockeyed the IC itself, the tube sorta "clicked" into place.

I'd advocate reseating the IC tubing again as well.

Thanks for the quick respones guys,I wll do it all again.While im at it,What is the best way to get the bottom ic tube out?...Thanks again guys.

suggestions

I'm not sure about the bottom tube ... I think you need to move the alternator and/or PS pump to get at the two studs/nuts holding the tube to the motor ...

My suggestion ... when tightening up the tubes, I try to work back and forth between the IC inlet flange and the SC top outlet, when at the flange I work back and forth between the two bolts. I've found that if you tighten the top side or the IC side all the way, you will have trouble on the other end

Get Tbirds gasket set

Also, did you let the sealent set up for a while before you took the car out?

Thanks,
LOL...its 4:20 here.;) ....Yep i let the sealant set first,and i work the bolts the same way.I'll look around and see if i can figure out how to get the bottom tube out.

Back