need help

thundrburd

here is the deal, I was driving my car today, and it was hot out, about 90 but when I got on it while I was driving I got about 13 psi boost, so I was happy about that, but then when I was at a dead stop, I tried to get on it and it only gave me about 6psi boost, and didnt hardly want to drive, like it had no power at all until we were moving about 20 mph or so then it would get up and go, so I got home popped the hood and everything was hot as hell, I pulled the dipstick and there was smoke pouring out, I touched the ic tubes and they were hot to where you couldnt even hold your hand on it for 30 sec, the sc top was just as hot, and the cold air tube was extremly hot, so does anyone have any advice on what to do, or any suggestions as to why it got that hot ?? also the guage in the car was at the r on normal, and has been reading no more than the n, any help would be appriciated, thanks

Tony

P.S. Kurt, thanks for having us over last night, looking forward to doing it again sometime, sorry I didnt make it to the ford challenge today , hopefully tomorrow after I get off work

Back