Sunroof Oops

Thunderbird84

Since the sunroof came out so easy in my attempt to find the drainage problem, it has decided that it will not go back in so easy. My main problems seem to be that the sun screen is not riding in the right spot, and the halo can't sit low enough for the sunroof to retract, allowing me to snap it back on. I also found to plastic bracket pieces that I have no idea where to put them back, I'll attach a picture.

The sun screen doesn't seem to want to make up its mind about where it wants to sit. One half wants to sit in a the lowest channel, and the other half wants to sit above it. But when I looked into it, it doesn't seem that the channel is wide enough to accommodate it, by 3/16 of an inch or so. I think that if I can get the sun screen in the right spot, that I could then position the halo into the right spot, and than retract the sunroof all the way. As of now, I can't do that because the halo is sitting there.

Here are the mystery pieces:

http://www.moderatelyconfused.com/DSC00800a.jpg

Can someone tell me where these go, and how to properly fix my sunroof?

Those pieces on mine were all busted up. They go on the little tabs in the middle of the shade on the side facing the sky. I guess they are guides. Mine doesn't have them anymore, I tried to tape them into place, no luck.

As far as the track, one of the C looking things broke on mine. It makes a little rattle if the roof is popped UP and the shade is closed all the way, if I open the shade 1/2 inch, then it's ok. The C should go down low though, wrapping around the whole thing.

Back