Extremely Urgent- Ball Joint

Billabong089

This is extremmmely important and i need a quick answer please.

I went to replace the lowerball joints, I got the old ball joint in and the new one just pushed in, I didnt even have to press it in. I'm sorta scared now, I'm sure its the correct one, its the TRW one, I even tried another one from ford OEM new one that was for my fathers 93 LX, and that also just went right in.

What do I do? I need to drive an hour away on monday on the parkway, and I'll be moving fast and I'd really like to not die.

The old one I took out had a grease fitting... did they come that way original? Is it possible that someone put a bigger one in that was suppose to go in? I don't know just guessing here.

The new one has no greasefitting. I'd really not like to replace the lower control arm, since i heard it messes up the alignment badly.

Last edited:
something is wrong here. you can usualy buy the whole lower controol arm with balljoing and bushings for little to nothing more than the ball joint by its self. Go back to to the parts store and buy the whole lower controol arm.

You need to replace the control arm to fix the problem. Your other option is to find something else to drive or another mode of transportation untill you fix it correctly, IMO you are risking your life and others by trying to drive it like that.
I imagine others will agree, we would rather talk to you than talk about you in the past tense.
It only takes a little while to repair and the cost of an alignment is cheaper than a funeral.

S

I'm not going to drive it :)

You know I dont understand, I try to tighten some of the stuff and the ball joint just spins, how the hell do you tighten these? Like the sway bar end link, I had to grip the end of the thread and tighten by a wrench and my attempt to use the lower ball joint was the same way, it would spin so any ideas about that?

I'm going to replace the two control arms, I was going to weld the ball joints in but forget it haha... returning those ball joints.

Back