Dyno day success...mostly.....

lube70

Well, we only had one casuality today, otherwise, a good day. We have found that most cars gained HP and more tuning to happen on Monday.

We will post some good numbers for all to view.

Don

Why, are more cars starting to line up for monday? what kinda gains did everyone get? I missed a bit. That stock m8, i was impressed with the power gain he got

Ok...

We have a few more lined up for tomorrow. One A/R car, my 94 Teal SC, and two more. Try to be there for 2:30 as dyno time is limited.

Mine was 312 RWHP, M8 was 248, and I don't know the rest off hand. There will be more fun tomorrow.

Don

(973) 277-4294

Not stealing Jims HURRAH....

Our own Jim O'Neill pulled a 391/428 yesterday on the A/R set-up he had on his car. I was in AWE!!!! The damn thing still has stock manifolds and still ran these numbers!!!!

I think that with a cold car, the car will break the 400 barrier (or just break!!). Congratulations to Jim for a well deserved run on all the work he did to get to this point. We did a few other cars on Monday and will post numbers when we get the sheets printed from the disk.

Again, congratulations to one of the newest and fastest members of the SCCOA and the NJTACC!!!!

Don

Yea that was amazing stuff 391 at the wheels.

I only ended up with 219hp and 310tq up from 207hp and 300tq. Dave said my stock IC is killing my upper end power so time for a DIC :)

From Friday when we tracked 3 pulls on the '95:

301.0 rwhp 344.1 rwt
300.7 rwhp 350.1 rwt
302.3 rwhp 349.2 rwt

Ira

Irar,
something does not seem right with your car. Looking at other AR cars, they are pushing 350-400rwhp and over 400ftlb of tq.

I am missing something :confused:

Later
Ken

Ken Seegers said:
Irar,
something does not seem right with your car. Looking at other AR cars, they are pushing 350-400rwhp and over 400ftlb of tq.

I am missing something :confused:

Later
Ken
No, my engine is. Yea, it has a small cam, but the heads are still stock, and so is the bottom end and pretty much everything else. The AR wasn't getting any help from anything else. Even the MAF had problems supplying enough air. So I don't think it's too bad if you figure this is a pretty stock setup.

Dave, or someone with more knowledge then I, could certainly add more specifics to this I'm sure, but all in all, I'm not unhappy with the results.
They will get better though! ;)

Ira

Last edited:
Yea, I heard you were pegging your MAF, which is strange, because I'm running the same 90mm lightning maf and Dave said mine was running fine. As for internals, I only have a mild cam and p&p'ed heads. Like Don said, still running stock manifolds, and hell, I don't even have the intake manifold port matched to the heads (sorry Dave! haha).

What's your full list of mods?

Well Congrats again Jim on a job well, uh done! .. lol .. ..... It was fun to watch you do it yourself (almost) both times! ... Now get that thing painted!

And Dalke it was a pleasure having you here for a few days to hang out with the Jersey Guys. We may not see you at Carlisle, but if we do, we're going out to eat bud! ...

Joe, don't worry, we'll get you straightened out soon.

Irar, good to see you again, Catch you in a few weeks on the show field.

Don, what can I say, you started this crew & it's good to know that your in the center of it.

Ken, if you want to see what I can do, come check it out for yourself next time :) .... ps-We hung out with Fertile Phil.

Anthony

Hey guys it was a great weekend, despite a few problems. It was nice to see old faces and some new ones. Anthony and Chris were great hosts, thanks for the ice cream and beer. Haha.

Also thanks to Don for use of his Snap-On scanner, he gets my vote for "most prepared" - the question really is, what DON'T you have in your trunk Don?

I'll be back with another "great running" SC soon so we'll have to get together then. Maybe we'll be able to put Joe's car on the dyno then. :D

8ate8 said:
Yea, I heard you were pegging your MAF, which is strange, because I'm running the same 90mm lightning maf and Dave said mine was running fine. As for internals, I only have a mild cam and p&p'ed heads. Like Don said, still running stock manifolds, and hell, I don't even have the intake manifold port matched to the heads (sorry Dave! haha).

What's your full list of mods?
Check out the link in the sig. It's current.

Ira

Back