heater core bypass question

gary o

i want to bypass the core and was wondering if i can run a line from the ends of the metal pipes that run along each valve cover-do these pipes go to the heater core? will running a hose to connect these together work?

The steel line on the driver side of the block has two rubber hoses connected to it, a small one going to the throttle body (if your throttle body has a coolant line running underneath) and the other going to the right side conection of the heater core.

On the left side, I can't remember, but it also has two rubber lines, one to the other heater core plug, and then to the other side of the throttle body heater.

Best bet would be to pull the lines off at the fire wall, then use a pipe connector between them to tie them together.

I'm not sure if there would be a problem or not if you didn't allow it to circulate.

thanks

i guess i should do it right at the core -i was looking for an easy way out,,,my wrists are still sore from the last time i was in there,,,groan

i did mine different, from the oil cooler to the intake manifold

mycarattrack9.JPG

later on i will buy an aftermarket oil cooler and go from the intake manifold to the water pump.

Back