water methanol ???

thundrburd

My brother was telling me about something he saw in one of his mustang magazines, it was something called water methanol, has anyone ever heard of this ?? it claims it adds 50 horsepower or so, but I was wondering if anyone has heard or used this in our cars ?? any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Tony

so Is it safe for our engines, are there any side effects ?? is there anything that needs to be changed or can you just put it on and go ?

There are quite of few people here using the Snow Performance water/methonal kit. After installation you would need to get a chip and tune. Basically like race fuel its slows down the combustion burn rate, thus allowing a tuner to add timing. Yes they do work but only if you do the tune. Contact Dave Dalke, he sells teh kit for our application and can do the tune. Do a search, there is quite a few threads on this topic.

Mike

I've got the Snow Performance kit on both my SCs. No complaints here, and it's a great way to make big power on pump gas.

David

dave, do you know if it is ok to run on my car from the other night, I dont have any mods done to it yet other than the cold air intake, is it safe to run with the stock manifolds and exhaust, or is that risky, thanks

Tony

thundrburd said:
dave, do you know if it is ok to run on my car from the other night, I dont have any mods done to it yet other than the cold air intake, is it safe to run with the stock manifolds and exhaust, or is that risky, thanks

Tony

Tony,

It won't hurt anything, but don't look for an increase in power unless your planning on doing some tuning. The extra power comes mainly from the ability to run more boost and more ignition timing without getting detonation.

I think you would be better off upgrading the blower first, but it certianly won't hurt anything to use it on your car, as it is now.

David

well what would I update my blower too ??? you saying get it ported or whatever ?? I dont know to much about the blowers so I apologize if this is a stupid question, thanks

Tony

Tony,

Since you already have a late model blower I think you would be better off having it ported like the S model. If you can find one...get an MP inlet plenum, because the stock plenum is very restrictive and even with porting is only about 68mm. MP no longer makes them for anything but the MPIII but once in a while they show up for sale in the classified section.

Doing just those two things will make your car much quicker than you think.

David

ok, thanks for all the info dave, I want to get the exhaust done first, I was just trying to find a cheaper performance idea to speed it up alot faster, but soon enough I will port the blower and get a new intake, thanks

Tony

Back