Want to add gauges...

darkstar_one

Yeah i want to add gauges but damn i dont want the car to look like rice either.. I have a 2 gauge din panel coming in the mail, and well i want to add all the gauges necessary...

Water Temperature, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Voltmeter, and the BOOST GAUGE.

My friend says i should just leave the fuel pressure gauge in the engine bay, i am thinking about it, and he might be right. The electric fuel pressure gauge is a lil too expensive and i wouldnt like to run a fuel line to feed the mechanical one inside. anywho.

Does anyone think adding a gauge pillar is a lil too much?

I wanted to replace the stock ones with aftermarket oem ones but its a lil too much work for me and i ended up messing up the cluster bezel trim thing. Anywho i guess i will just leave em alone and i guess put the aftermarket ones somewhere else.

Anyone have any ideas?

i thought about getting the pods to put guages in the a-pillar.

I think as long as the gauges dont light up any strange colors, and they dont blink to the music, and the pod is the the same color as the interior, then it wont look ricey.

jusy my .02
for $30 or so, i think the a-piliar pods are pretty nice

-nick

I have a dual a-pillar gauge pod. It has Autometer Phantom white face gauges in it. They are Air/Fuel and Voltage. I want to get an oil pressure and water temp gauge as well as fuel pressure. The fuel pressure has to be externally mounted unless its an electric one. You can't race at the track with a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in the passenger compartment as its a fire hazard. I am also going to get a nitrous pressure gauge, but the same thing if its mechanical it has to be out of the compartment. I will mount a few on the wiper cowl once I get my Cobra R hood so they are only visible through the windshield but are hidden under the lift of the hood.

Want to buy a custom gauge cluster. I repainted it white, i got outta the yellow stuff :)

gauge.JPG

How much? And did you move the radio to the bottom DIN slot? Or just delete the radio all together? I want to put in all real gauges instead of what the factory provides. I just haven't totally figured out how I'm going to yet :)

-Melon

40$ + shipping and its yours

took me a while to make this.. let me know..

yes you gotta cut out the box where the radio is..

Scott Long said:
I have a dual a-pillar gauge pod. It has Autometer Phantom white face gauges in it. They are Air/Fuel and Voltage. I want to get an oil pressure and water temp gauge as well as fuel pressure. The fuel pressure has to be externally mounted unless its an electric one. You can't race at the track with a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in the passenger compartment as its a fire hazard. I am also going to get a nitrous pressure gauge, but the same thing if its mechanical it has to be out of the compartment. I will mount a few on the wiper cowl once I get my Cobra R hood so they are only visible through the windshield but are hidden under the lift of the hood.

Why would you put a narrowband gauge in the car? I would say voltage gauge isn't really going to help much either, but maybe you've got some use for it....but the narrowband A/F gauge I don't understand....seems kinda ricey to me.

so at lkeast you have a sligth idea what your engine is doing , im pretty sure they dont work as a tuning tool , but if things start to get lean at least you get some warning and prevent some engine damage,

Hey,

Has anyone ever put aftermarket guages in the factory cluster spots with success?
If so, any pictures?
I think I would do that if I were to bother with them at all...
Thanks,
paul

yes I swapped to the 94 interior.

Gages:
A piller: fuel pressure, trans temp, and wide band A/F

Dash: coolant temp, oil temp, fuel level, oil pressure, boost/vac, volts, tach and rpm

Mike

I moved the radio to the empty din slot at the bottom and installed 3 gauges in the top din.

gauges.jpg

I found an aluminum door sill at Sears that had lines in it like other parts of the dash and drilled three holes for gauges. The angled plastic trim rings are from Summit. Then I painted the aluminum flat black to match the rest of the dash.

I have a two gauge pod, but want to install a 3 gauge pod that I bought a while back.

int1.jpg

Back