Strange problems, alternator maybe?

nick62087

Ok, so for the last few days, my battery light in the dash has been coming on. i didnt think much of this, because it goes off after a few minutes. Today, i noticed that when the window is up, and i push the up part of the switch, the battery light comes on.

Today, i was driving home from a friends house, and things really started to go crazy. When i dropped her off, i noticed that the interior lights were very dim, thinking that it may be a battery or alternator prob, i didnt shut the car off. On the way home, the headlight seemed dim, and the dash lights started to dim. the battery light was still flickering on and off. I decided to turn off the cd player, so i took the faceplate off, and verified that the amp shut off. Then, the climate control display starts blinking, the firm ride light blinks, and so does the abs light, all at random. I turn the firm ride off, and i continue on my way. THen i notice when i put the turn signal on, the abs light blinks wit teh turn signal arrow. When i got closer to home, the HVAC started to come on and off randomly.

Anyone experience any of these problems?
Does it sound like an alternator problem?
Battery?
Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Nick

you can test it yourself, need 2 ppl, start your car, have a volt meter on the batt, and as you press the window switch, check the voltage if it drops below 13v, change the alternator..

Back